The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: collins 30L1 question ?  (Read 1683 times)
N3JBH

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:38:13 AM »

how do you make a adapter to go from the standard so-235  connector to the rca type connector so you can feed a collins amp. i really hate to mess up the collins by adding a so-235 is there a way thats safe and some what simple to do this?

or does anyone make this adapter i tried searching for one i have had zero luck any help would be great thanks jeff
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:50:39 AM »

Take a piece of good RG-58 coax.  Install an RCA connector on one end and a PL-259 on the other end.

And the standard coax socket is an SO-239.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:20:37 PM »

thanks for help all jeff/n3jbh
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »

Jeff,

Personally, if the 30L1 was mine, I'd replace the RCA connector with an SO-239 and be done with it. With rare exceptions, those amps aren't collector's items.

There are plenty of hams in the area, including me, that could do it for you, if you didn't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Lon
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 10:43:45 AM »

thanks lon i think your right i think thats the way i would do this now i think i may change the rf out to so-239 also instead of the stock n type
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 01:36:57 PM »

Jeff,

When I offered to help make the change, I had you mixed up with someone else and thought you were in the Baltmore area. Smiley

Good Luck,

Lon
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 03:38:48 PM »

no problem lon i kinda just took it as a confidence builder, but thanks for your thoughts i am sure i could do the mod i just wasnt sure i wanted to  mod this amplifer that way. like you said it may not be the great collectable but i guess i am old fashioned i just like to leave stuff more or less in the stock form's. heck lon i guess thats why i never was a inventor never really liked to make changes on stuff.

of course i would love to hear why i couldnt  add some 572-b tubes and add 6 meters to the amp. now i know they say that tube only goes to 30 mhz but i know beter i here alot of sb-200 amps on 6 meters so i wonder hmmmm?

funny part is there is knothing listed any place about this ever being done i think i will post the question. jeff n3jbh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: