The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manual (.pdf) for Yaesu FL-2100Z Linear  (Read 2803 times)
VE7ALQ

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2005, 10:46:58 AM »

Could someone please give me the URL for a site with the manual IN .PDF FORMAT for a Yaesu FL-2100Z post-WARC linear amplifier.  The only sites that appear to have the FL-2100Z manual on-line have it in some weird DJVU format which my computer doesn't understand.

Say, why can't everyone use the SAME darn format for their manuals, etc, rather than using an ever-increasing zoo of strange formats none of which are supported on my Linux operating system.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 11:33:13 AM »

Just go the BAMA site and download the djvu reader from the web site given there.
VE7ALQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 11:56:30 AM »

Is this oddball viewer available for Linux users?  I don't have Windows.

I sure wish people would choose a standard and stick with it.  Almost every manual is available in Adobe Acrobat .PDF format, why must this ding-a-ling post in such a strange format when Adobe Acrobat is the de facto industry standard.  And Yes, Adobe Acrobat does support Linux Smiley
KC9GJC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 05:09:33 PM »

Did you email Yaesu for it?

They got right back to me when I wanted a schematic for the MH-31 microphone.
VE7ALQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:57:26 PM »

Fred F4ARJ was kind enough to E-mail the manual for my Yaesu fl2100z in Adobe Acrobat format.  I wanted a downloadable version to put on my ftp site
http://ftp://ftp.yehudi.ca/ham-radio
as it would be kinda difficult to load a hardcopy manual! Why Adobe Acrobat?  The common form for this manual is DejaVu or .djvu  As this was one of a collection of manuals put up on my ftp site, I wanted them to all be of  the same popular Adobe Acrobat format.  I eventually found a Linux version of the DejaVu file reader, but by that time Fred had been kind enough to E-mail me the Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format of the manual.  If you are running Linux and looking for a DejaVu reader, check out
http://ftp://ftp.yehudi.ca/pub/linux/neat_stuff
I don't recommend using .djvu format files, as they appear to be about ten times the size of the equivalent .pdf files.
VE7ALQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 03:19:47 AM »

If you have Internet access, you can get manuals and pix of my Amateur gear.  Please look at

http://ftp://ftp.yehudi.ca/ham-radio

The files ending in .jpg are pictures, the files ending in .pdf are adobe acrobat manuals.  Enjoy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: