The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need desktop antenna- transmitter switch  (Read 665 times)
HS0ZFQ

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:53 AM »

Greetings:I live in northern Thailand and after five years finally put up a two element quad on a 65 foot tower. In the shack I have a TS-830S with a Palstar ATiKM tuner, an IC-706 with an LDG z-11 pro tuner, and a TS-450S with a KT-100 LDG tuner.At the present I am using only the IC-706 with the quad. I have 4 or 5 runs of RG-8 going out to the tower, for my old dipoles and the quad. I want to reduce everything to simple switching. I plan to put an Array Solutions RatPak near the base of the tower and have I line of Andrew Heliax 50 ohm feed it from the shack.My problem is in the shack. What can I buy that will allow me to switch any one of three transmitters so that I can go directly into the Andrew Heliax? I am not sure if I am presenting the problem in clear enough detail. But any insights will be greatly appreciated. By the way maybe SFI is 68 but I hear The USA every night now at about 1300 and worked a bunch last night with the 706.
Yours Truly
Richard D. Vincent
HS0ZFQ
ChiangRai, Thailand
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:03:14 AM »

I used a MFJ-1704 for several years for this same application (four inputs and one output).  You might also consider the Alpha Delta Delta-4 (I have one of these as well).

Phil - AD5X
K8KAS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 05:31:26 AM »

Any quality antenna switch will do the job, I use one of the Alpha Delta's and my old faithful B&W (25 years old and never failed. Gives me 4 rig's to any 5 antenna's. Have fun, 73's.
W8AD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »

Hi Vincent,

Check our WEB site. We have a new version of the DELTA-4 switch in a desk top console. It is Model ASC-4B. Same as DELTA-4 but in a console that sits next to your equipment.

TNX,

Don, W8AD, Alpha Delta,  WEB <www.alphadeltacom.com>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: