The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14th Down East Hamfest in Kinston, NC - 3/21/2004  (Read 4479 times)
K7VO

Ignore
« on: February 29, 2004, 05:53:52 PM »

Another great local hamfest I've really enjoyed the last three years is the Down East Hamfest at Kinston.  Communications Headquarters should be there with new gear and there is a lively flea market and tailgate area.  Kinston is a little over 90 min. from home for me and well woth the drive.

Talk in is on 146.685- (the Grifton repeater), though I am sure you could also find directions on the even more active 224.84- repeater on the same tower Smiley  Alternate talk-in is 145.21 (PL 82.5) in Trenton, NC.

See ya there.

Caity
K7VO
(not involved with the hamfest, just someone who enjoys it)
W4TME

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:01:39 PM »

I have been going to Kinston for several years.  This year several regular vendors were not there and the tailgate area was about 1/4 what it has been since I have been going.  I specifically went to see the Wireman and he wasn't there.  Oh well, 2 hours to drive there and 20 minutes to look at everything - twice. Looks like another good local hamfest is fading away.  What a shame.  I can't see making the trip next year.

de W4TME

-Tim
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 05:11:32 PM »

I wouldn't write off Kinston just yet.  The huge gaps in the indoor area were because two dealers reserved tables and then didn't show.  I somehow think it will take some money up fron to reserve tables in the future.  The folks who run this hamfest really got burned this year.

Outside attendance was down because the weather was threatening and the forecast called for heavy rain.  I know it didn't rain but people thought it would and skipped coming.

Kinston has always been an excellent small to medium sized hamfest.  2004 was definitely a down year.  It could rebound next year but not if we all give up on it.

See you at Durham on Saturday, at Cary in July, and at Shelby in September.

Caity
K7VO/4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: