The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayton Attendance Figures?  (Read 2809 times)
K3AN

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2004, 11:19:02 AM »

It is unusual that even several weeks after the close of the Dayton Hamvention, there are no articles on this site, the ARRL site, or qrz.com about how good or how bad the Dayton Hamvention was this year. I have seen no report of attendance figures. Does anyone have any concrete information (not rumors or hearsay)? Were all the usual manufacturers and dealers in attendance? Was the usual amount of flea market space occupied?

With retirement coming up shortly, I hope to be able to go again next year, after a lapse of almost 10 years. Will there still be a Dayton Hamvention next year? Will it still be worth going to?
W8IJN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 03:38:14 PM »

I'm not sure what the big time numbers ended up being, but I was there for all three days of rain & fun & radio stuff.

I don't worry the weather. So it rained? Big deal. What was more important to me was seeing old friends, meeting new ones & staring at all the new & antique toys that were strewn from inside to the outside chem toilets.

The crowds were about the same as any other Dayton I've been to, and I've gone to every Dayton since 1972. I didn't notice any lack of inside or outside vendors/exhibitors.

I know some of the folks involved in this year's Dayton & they have no intention of calling a halt to the show. I expect fully that there will be a Dayton Hamvention from now until someone turns out the lights or ham radio disappears down to four fat guys in electric chairs on 75m.

I have no intention of being one of the fat guys.

Nils
----------------------------------------------
"If you can see this, thank a trilobite."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: