The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to get break on HAM chanel please!!!  (Read 1781 times)
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »

hello. im a chanel master on chanel 14 and when some body want to key up they got to ask for break and i tell them if they can have a break or not. if it is a pane in the but guy i some times dont give him the dang break but im the chanel master and can do that if i want!! im going to get my HAM soon and no body tell me how you get the break on a HAM chanel. is there a QBQ or beep de beep code or some thing to ast for a break??? on the 10 meters HAM chanel i never here no body ast for a break! is that ok or is there a way to get the break on HAM??? thanks!!!
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »

my buddy jeff just tell me you got to be a extraclass HAM to be a chanel master and give the break on the HAM chanels. man i cant wait to get my extraclass HAM so i can be the best chanel master you all ever had!! i think i got all the questins memrized so im going to take the HAM test soon!! wish me luck you all!!!! thanks
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »

Charlie,

There isn't such a concept as a channel master on ham radio frequencies. No one owns a particular frequency. Note: This is excepting Nets. There is a Net control station on a net, but that's a different subject.

If there is a conversation going on and you want to join, I have found there are different methods. When I lived in 6 land in LA, you simply said "break" once. Who ever was speaking next and heard your "break" would aknowlege your and add you into the conversation. If you said "break break" that was an emergency and you got the frequency immediately.

When I moved to NY, the first time I said "break" to enter a conversation, the good ole boys just about had a conniption! Here in NY you speak your call sign or the suffix of your call and then you are acknowledged.

I hope this helps some and good luck on your test!

Bernie
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »

i like to say break broke or how about it. some time my buddy jeff say breakabreakabreakabreakabreakabreaka. lol!!!
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »

Troll ?

73 de Lindy
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »

Comedian who is occasionally clever but makes the mistake of imagining everything that sails through his head is hilarious.

Subtlety, boy. The soul of parody is subtlety.
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »

i try some thing new on the 10 meters HAM chanel today. i say breakbreak like what you told me to say. the HAM on the chanel ast me my call numbers. i tell him im the one buster brown and ast him how many pounds im throwin. he say no he want to no my call numbers and i was not for sure what to tell him so i back it on down. what wold be a good set a call numbers to use if a HAM ast me for my call numbers??? thanks!!!!
VK6NDT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 05:44:20 AM »

.. and your seriously going to become (or try) a Ham radio operator?

It sounds like you may have lived a few to many years in CB land. Here in Australia it is a big No No for a CB'er to even come on and start talking on the 10m band.

most hard core CB'ers here tend to hang around the 27.555 area which is out of the band of CB (11m) and not quiet 10m band.

what the guy was asking you was what is your Ham Call sign. the one you are issued once you pass the exams. If you do not hold one or are unsure what they are talking about i would spend more time reading propper Ham Training documentaion.
One thing they introduced as part of the Exams here is a practical exam. you MUST be able to correctly set up from scratch a basic station and they do "dummy" conversations where you must use correct radio protocol and conduct a conversation with a licensed user (who usually sits in the room next door)

I wouldnt take everything you here from your mate seriously.
for the sake of answering your original question i use my callsign in between the conversation that gives the other operators an idea as to who i am.
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

im going to use HAM call numbers N1BUST beacus my handel is the one buster brown! is thata good HAM call number??
VK6NDT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 05:44:04 AM »

well you will have to sit and pass your exam first before you even use the Amateur allocated frequencies.

you may or may not get a choice of a call sign, i dont think you can get a call with that many letters im not sure. but first thing first. learn about the hobby and Listen Listen Listen. that is most important. understand how people use the radio, how people talk and what certain things mean before you get on the radio and make your self sound like a silly bugga.
you dont need to be a super technician but you will need a basic understanding of radio comms and how to use one properly. i cant stress enough about dropping the CB act. if you act like a tool you will be treated like one. Ham radio is the same but ALOT differant compaired to CB radio.
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »

thanks for the come back!!! i lissen alot on the HAM chanels and its fun but alot a old HAMS on there talkin about how they dont feel to good!! lol!!! i pick my call numbers N1BUST beacus my handel is the one buster brown in a base!!! i hope the fcc give me a lisense with that call number beacus i like it alot!! what is youre 20 and what chanel you get on beacus i wold like to get you on the radio some day soon!! what is youre call numbers or your handel??? and how long you had youre HAM??? thanks
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 07:49:29 AM »

You made a mistake,it should be N1moron,73s de JW
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »

Hmmm this guys reminds of that CBLOVER moron from Youtube. heck it might be the same clown!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: