The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2003 Dodge Dakota  (Read 1123 times)
KD4KNR

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2004, 09:22:11 PM »

I'm looking for easy way to run power cable from the cab to the battery. Anybody have any luck with the dakotas?

KD4KNR
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 11:08:20 AM »

The easy way is with a hole saw, a grommet and enough #8 wire to go from one end to the other.  The hard way is to poke, prod, pry and try to find an existing plug or harness you can sneak a wire through.  Sometimes you get lucky and find a pre-existing hole and someone here may post that info, but barring that you'll spend a lot less time just making a new one.  I've done it many hundreds of times, it doesn't hurt a bit.  

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

K3ASF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 03:02:21 PM »

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram Sport. I was able to find a large grommet on the fire wall above the break pedal. I accidently found this while planning a route following the hood release cable. May work for you. May not.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 06:33:26 PM »

All Dodge truck products from 1990 on all have the aforementioned hole through the fire wall. This includes Dakotas and the pickups through the 3500.

Incidentally, all Hondas and Acuras since 1995 have a similar hole in almost the same spot.

Alan, KØBG

KD5JFT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 12:51:49 AM »

I had a 2002 Dodge Dakota and a Kenwood TMD700.  I ran the wires through a pre-existing hole in the firewall.  With the remote head mount of the Kenwood, the installation looked "factory" builtin.  I now have a 2002 Dodge 1500 with the same radio.  The mount doesn't look as good and was much harder to install than in the Dakota.

C. Vowel
KD5JFT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: