The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VX-8R Bluetooth headset  (Read 2264 times)
KJ4LFM

Ignore
« on: June 15, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »

I've been told that others have gotten the VX-8r to work with other bluetooth headsets including the Motorola HS850. I've followed both manuals but can't seem to get it to recognize any Bluetooth headset. Anyone know if there are any tricks to it? Yes it is on and yes I put in the code PW as 0000
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »

If you're having trouble pairing, I suspect you've entered the wrong code. Very few headsets have adjustable codes (I know of only one), and the paring master (the Yaesu in this case) must have the correct code.

I have a Bluesonic and a Blue parrot, and both pair easily with my Mac, my Razr, and my RPF adapter.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KJ4LFM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:44:49 AM »

The code listed for it is 0000 which is what I put in to the radio.
W6LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:50:39 AM »

I am with you - I have had terrible luck pairing the bluetooth.  I got it to connect just long enough to tell my wife that I got it connected - then it was gone.  When I power on and off the bluetooth earpiece, I can get the bluetooth logo to go on and off on the radio - but no audio.  I have tried pairing with a Jawbone, a Plantronics model, and my wife bluetooth in her Jeep - all failed.  Bummer.  Yes, I put the codes on "0000", and tried around 100 times - every combination and permutation of turning this device on first, then that device, etc.
KJ4LFM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 10:35:43 AM »

Thing is I really want to use this. But the Yaesu Headset weighs like 2 pounds. It is huge.
W6LK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 10:47:42 AM »

The only extra thing that I want to mention is - besides this bluetooth nonsense, I think this is the coolest little radio in the world.  All is not forgiven - but close!
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »

Jim, if you go to www.x-tremegeek.com, look for a Bluesonic headset. It has a boom mic which is important, and it is the lightest of all of the headsets I've tried. It's about $45.

The most popular one, is the Blue Parrot. It's heavy, costly, and where I come from, uncomfortable.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

PS: You really should put your name in your profile.

W6LK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »

Hi, Alan:

That is great info.  I really appreciate it.  Also, I didn't know that I didn't have my name included - so that was also great info.

Jim AF6PU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: