The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone need Kenwood faceplate cables?  (Read 1274 times)
KD6KZU

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »

I bought a TM-D700A and the faceplate cable is a little two short to mount it where I want it.  So i purchased the equipment to make cables for this.  Kenwood wants $21 + Shipping for a replacement (too short) cable.  I can make any length.  Not trying to make any money here just want to help other hams out. so cost will probably be around $5-7 depending on shipping costs just cover the cost to manufacture.  Im Sure its the same cable on other model Kenwoods.  It has a phone type modular plug on the radio side and a smaller phone handset plug on the other end.  Hope this isn't in violation of forum rules.  I can be e-mailed at dagixxerkid2@aim.com.  

Seth
AF6QN (Formerly KD6KZU)
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »

There are several problems associated with the practice or rolling your own in this case.

Although the plugs appear to be CAT5/RJ45, they are in fact, not! The cord grip is different, and the internal pin type is different. The stock cable is also shielded. CAT5 cable can be ordered with shield, but the shield is grounded with special connectors, and not on one of the pins like the stock cable is.

In other words, you might get by, but if problems arise, you'll know the first place to look.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KD6KZU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »

You're thinking of the Mic cable.  Which most people use a RJ45 cable.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

hi Seth,

you can also put an ad in the
classified section on eham so
more kenwood fans will see it.

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: