The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT857D work for satellites?  (Read 7886 times)
W4HIJ

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2005, 08:51:52 PM »

I'm wondering if this radio will work for satellites. The SATPC32 software says it will control it which is what made me curious. The problem is that nowhere in the specs on the radio can I find if it is capable of full duplex. It would need to be, right?
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »

Never mind...I can answer my own question. It won't do full duplex. Downloaded the manual. Oh well,I can't afford a full fledged satellite plus HF radio and I don't have the funds for a VHF/UHF satellite rig without selling my HF equipment. Guess I'll try the FM birds with my dualbander. It's got full duplex.
N3YZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 07:11:47 PM »

The FT857, while not full duplex, can do sats. I have worked the SSB sats FO-29 and Hamsat as well as the "Easysat" AO-51 with the 857 and an Arrow antenna from an enclosed back porch. Hold the xmit freq and vary your rcv freq for doppler. Have fun! The 857 is a really nice rig.
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 08:08:56 AM »

>>...It won't do full duplex...

You most certainly do NOT need a "full duplex" radio to enjoy amateur satellites!

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
909-999-SATS
WD8CKP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 12:39:38 PM »

go to page 122 in the manual and it will tell u ow to set it up for sat operation
SV1RXI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:26:59 AM »

Is there any programm to connect the 857d to my pc so the doppler set automatic?
K9AQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:18:31 AM »

I use SatPC32 for doppler tracking on my 857.  I also use an SDR play for the receiver.  A lot cheaper than buying a full duplex radio and you get a panadapter.

Don
K9AQ
SV1RXI

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:33:05 AM »

Thanks for answear. Now i am searching for info about  sattelites. I have the rsp1a and i am waiting next week for my 857d.What cable i need for cat control?. I think the sdr console is the one i work. The satpc32 is only sattelite tracking? I Wonder what antenna are you using at as Base antenna, not portable for ssb sattelites
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: