The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fluid Motion / SteppIR  (Read 20208 times)
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 10:45:59 PM »

Jeffrey, K2MIT-which telescope is this?  I'm interested.

73 Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »

Ordered the BigIR Vertical on 5 Aug 2010 and received it via UPS on 8 Nov 2010.  It took a little over 2 months or 8 weeks from the time I placed the order to the time ir arrived.  That's pretty good scheduling considering SteppIR qouted me 12-14 weeks.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 03:19:23 AM »

I dont why people put up with this slow service. Just go buy a Ultrabeam from Italy, they deliver much faster and their products are better  built than Steppir. They also cheaper than Steppir. They also dont charge you for options that should be standard with any electronic antenna.

Ultrabeam  has inbuilt lightning protection and is not an expensive option like Steppir. When you spending 5000 dollars on an antenna you dont want your investment to go up in smoke because the designers dont design their products to hold up in heavy lightning, sorta like buying a car with the wheelnuts as a option and wrecking a good car if the wheel fall off, lightning is no different!

You wont go wrong with Ultrabeam, competition is a good thing! I hope Ultrabeam is working on an equivalent of the DB42. I will buy one if they do bring out such a super model. My first steppir fell apart in ice and wind. My Ultrabeam has been through  the worst winter in record. with 1 inch ice on the elements and 100mph winds, the Ultrabeam passed this test without any hiccups. I can go sleep at night and not have to worry about finding fiberglass tubes in my neighbors back yard!
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

I thought about getting an Ultrabeam and I ditched the Idea for a few reasons.

1) The price is not cheaper, The Ultra Beam is just about double the price. (Main Reason)

2) There 30/40 versions is not offered in a neat Trombone item like steppir, it's just long elements and a bigger Boom aka a MonsterIR. The Reason most people get a Steppir is to have a small package with huge Band coverage! The UltraBeam should have used a Trombone but I guess thats due to Patent issues.

3) I dont find anything more advanced about the Design, it's basically the same design, the only thing they did'nt steal was the Name  Cheesy.  Fun aside, it's the same Antenna except they incorporated all the Fixes that Steppir has made over the Years so they avoided all the Teething pains A 2011 Steppir vs an Ultra Beam, not much difference
Certainly not enough for me to pay twice the price.

4) My Last reason is that I am not so sure about how they are making an exact copy of a Patented device, it has been my experience that companies seldom jump down on infringing patents right away, they wait for a few years to pass then they sue for Millions and literaly bankrupt or own that company.  Now I am worried that Ultrabeam may find themselves in that posistion and I wont be able to get any spare parts or service.

I dont why people put up with this slow service. Just go buy a Ultrabeam from Italy, they deliver much faster and their products are better  built than Steppir. They also cheaper than Steppir. They also dont charge you for options that should be standard with any electronic antenna.

Ultrabeam  has inbuilt lightning protection and is not an expensive option like Steppir. When you spending 5000 dollars on an antenna you dont want your investment to go up in smoke because the designers dont design their products to hold up in heavy lightning, sorta like buying a car with the wheelnuts as a option and wrecking a good car if the wheel fall off, lightning is no different!

You wont go wrong with Ultrabeam, competition is a good thing! I hope Ultrabeam is working on an equivalent of the DB42. I will buy one if they do bring out such a super model. My first steppir fell apart in ice and wind. My Ultrabeam has been through  the worst winter in record. with 1 inch ice on the elements and 100mph winds, the Ultrabeam passed this test without any hiccups. I can go sleep at night and not have to worry about finding fiberglass tubes in my neighbors back yard!

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KZ4USA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »

Ultrabeam has some small compact versions now even MOXON type looks like.
KE4XJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »

I ordered a DB 18E  and was a told a 2 week wait time. Antenna was here in 2 weeks!!  Good Job!

Brad
KE4XJ
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: