The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Icom IC-910 Triband All Mode  (Read 3392 times)
N8MWS

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2000, 10:14:16 PM »

Thought the group might be interested in this URL I came across:

http://www.mlands.co.uk/news.asp

Look for the Icom IC-910 pic about half way down the page.

cya

N9PHL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2000, 04:09:47 PM »

Found some additional info on the new radio over on Icom's Japanese website. Some if the highlights as best as I could make out (if anyone can expand on this feel free):

Main & Sub-Bands are completely independent in terms of operation and complete full duplex operation is possible.

In satellite mode the downlink freq. is set in the main band and the uplink in the sub-band automatically. There is a doppler shift control / reverse tracking and all of the usual satellite goodies. There are 10 satellite memories.

It also appears that two TNC's can be hooked up - one to the main band and one to the sub-band.

In Japan at least the 1200mhz unit (UX-910) is optional.

Memory channels: 99 per band unit - so if the UX-910 was installed you would have a total of 297 memories. Each band unit has 6 band-edge memory channels, 1 call channel per band as well.

Scanning is possible via:

Program Scanning (band edge to band edge)

Memory Scanning

Mode Scanning

Tone Scanning

Scanning is independent in either main or sub-band.

Other Misc things:

The PA utilitzes bipolar transistors in parallel.

At least in Japan the price/value equation is supposed to be very good given where these rigs were typically in the past. The "list" price appears to be just under $1400 US.

The unit is small....241mm(W) x 94mm(H) x 239mm(D).

9600bps packet ready.

UT-106 DSP UNIT - and if I am reading my translation correctly two DSP units can be installed - one for the main band and one for the sub-band.

Optional CW narrow filters - one for the main band and one for the sub-band.

Memo-Pad Function that allows a temporaty place to store freq/mode details while operating.

RF attenutation is independent in main & sub-bands.

VOX, Noise Blanker, IF Shift

The basic IC-910D appears to be a 50watt radio (both 2meters & 70cm) out of the box with a modification possible to get 100 watts on 2 meters and 75 watts on 70cm. They also have a IC-910 that appears to be a 20 watt model across the board...which if I remember correctly Icom has done this lots in the past with the Japanese market products. The optional 1200mhz unit has 10 watts max output.

If you have anymore specific questions I'll be happy to try and help just email me.

Curt Chambers
N9PHL

chambers@pubtool.com

F4CKV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2001, 02:22:28 AM »

Hi from France,

We need 2222$ for one IC-910, how can we buy that transceiver with out familly  war ?

Any suggest or money are welcome

73 from f4ckv.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: