The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decision: IC-275H, IC-820H, FT-847 ? others?  (Read 1980 times)
K0CKH

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2002, 10:51:00 PM »

I would like to get a 2M all mode, possibly a 2m/440 all mode.  Most work will be repeaters and SSB but am considering a decent rig to use for satellite work as well.

How would you compare these?  Are their other better choices?  I'll be buying used and prefer to keep it to $800 or less.

I appreciate the feedback.

73, Charlie K0CKH
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 05:23:44 PM »

Hi Charlie.....
I have never operated thru the birds, so I can't comment on that aspect. However, I have had quite a few radios grace my operating table in the last few years. The Icom 275 is a nice radio. Lord knows they hold their resale value. Currently, I still have a 271A and a 251A. Both work very well. The 475 was more modern, but is getting long in the tooth now. I also had a very nice 575H (for 6M), but sold it when I realized that the 706g put out as much power and the receiver was equal. I don't believe it would be too easy to work satellites with it. A friend near my last qth had an FT-847 and he was pleased with it. I have heard that it's weak signal performance was not the best. Hey, ya can't have everything......

gud luk

ron

N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
K9PO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 05:47:56 PM »

I reecomend that you read the reviews in the product reviews section. I have put my experiences with the FT847 and the Icom in those sections.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: