The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocket projects  (Read 2891 times)
KG4KCT

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2003, 07:42:18 PM »

Hello to all.I am a 13 year old ham and have been very active in amatuer radio. I also like to do hobby rocketry (i have very educational hobbys). I was recently asked to put aprs in a rocket that would fly 5 miles high. Can u give me some tips on were to start with aprs.

Thanks Charles
VE3SWF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 10:53:10 AM »

An idea that comes to mind for this would be to get a TNC (ouch, pricey, but a sound card interface wont work without a computer, and i dont think u wanna put one in there Smiley or get a radio with a built in TNC, such as a Kenwood D7A-G. You can connect the TNC to a portable device such as a used palm pilot (cheap=handspring visors) and run pocketAPRS to beacon. That way you can track the rocket Smiley (You'll Need A GPS Too)
KC7YRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 02:00:03 PM »

Hmm, with weight at such a premium I'd look at a black-box GPS receiver with no display, a TinyTrak to translate the GPS output to APRS, and the lightest affordable FM transmitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: