The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprs and a PK-232MBX  (Read 5886 times)
AB5GU

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:20:38 PM »

Hi All,

I'd like to set up an APRS digi at my house. I have the radio and all. I also have a PK232MBX with a 1993 chipset. Is anyone using one for an APRS digi? If so, what parameters should I set it up to so it will digi the APRS packets to the Igate in the next town without hammering the airwaves with loop digis?

Thank you,
AB5GU
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:06:26 AM »

I use the PK232MBX with UI-VIEW32.  UI-VIEW32 Takes over complete control of the PK if it is set to CONV mode. The question you asked depends on the software that you will be using.

73 de Lindy
AB5GU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »

I really wasn't wanting to dedicate a computer to the project, just a stationary digipeter, radio & tnc setup. Any help?
Marty
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:55:47 AM »

You do not have to have a dedicated computer. My computer runs Ham Radio Delux for rig control, and rotor control, a second winlink modem, DM-780 for Digital, UI-VIEW32 for APRS and the regular computer programs. If you still want to run a stand alone digipeater the Tiny Trac 4 is cheap and works well as a mobile or base digipeater.

73 de Lindy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: