The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Reset Yaesu FT-2000 & PEP  (Read 8206 times)
VE3VID

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »

I recently picked up a nearly new FT-2000.  I just got it home.  The previous owner was an unreliable source of technical information and there may have been some random tinkering with the radio settings.  My questions:

1)   Since menu settings are extensive I should do a Full Reset and restore to factory default.    (yes/no)

2)   How can I tell if this rig has had the PEP firmware upgrade?

Any help is appreciated........

David
ve3vid[at]hotmail[dot]com
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »

Go to the Yaesu website under FT-2000/files.
The instructions for the latest SW update shows how you power up the radio with three keys depressed and the display reads the SW and DSP versions IF you have the PEP upgrade.  If the radio has a version prior t the PEP it won't show anything on the display.

BTW, there have been about ten further SW and DSP revisions since the PEP in 2009.  I would just go get the latest version found in the files folder on the Yaesu site and upgrade.

I don't know if a full reset will return all menu imems to default, but an upgrade certainly will.  Just follow Yaesu's instructions to the letter and get a cable either from AES, or build one yourself.  FYI, you will see in the instructions that a special cable to the PGM port on the rear is used for SW upgrade, but you need a serial to serial cable to upgrade the DSP firmware.

For more info, join the Yahoo FT-2000 group.  They can help.  Especially since the latest SW has features that make the front panel controls read out their settings in the sub receiver display when you set them.  Mic gain, shift, countour, DNR, width and NB control settings are now seen in the display as soon as you move each knob (for 3-4 seconds the display shows the setting then reverts to sub-receiver frequency.

Have fun,

Greg
KG6YV

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: