The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hallicrafters SR-160 VFO Unstable  (Read 8353 times)
WB0SNF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »

One more thing....I hope.  It was working quite well unless i bumped the table a good bump in which case the 150  would let out about a one K.C. chirp.  I had it up on the side--my normal operating position---and was poking with a pencil underneath when I heard a klink on the other side.  Peering around at the top side I noticed one of the wafers from the vfo tuning cap laying on the table-BAD.  I'd found the source of the chirp but didn't really feel good about it.  It was all scratched, someone had apparently knifed  it to death till it fell out.  Tried shoving it back in but it promptly fell out so made three little dimples in the half moon cutout with sidecutters which raised six little dimples and put it back in with a couple of little taps.  There really are miracles as it is solid, the chirp is gone and the vfo works great.  With any luck at all this is my last post on the 160.  Now for the 150
73 wb0snf
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: