The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE! KJ4TOF - Ripp Off Artist and Thief  (Read 66602 times)
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 06:23:52 PM »

KG6YV
 IF you accept a cashier's check from anyone you must let it clear
your bank before shipping any merchandise....

Actually, you should check with the bank
that the check has been paid not simply cleared.
They are two entirely different things.

A check can clear but later found
to be fraudulent and/or not paid. The bank has
up to a YEAR to do this, and they can take the money
out of any of your accounts, no lien or judgement required.

When you go to the bank to ask if that check
was paid, go to the manager or customer service.
The gum chewing 20 year old teller with the Grateful
Dead tie will give you a blank stare when you ask... Grin
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »

Hi Greg..you need to read the post again.  The check was a valid real C Check. He had stop payment issued the same day (within 24 hours after having obtained it) and my bank had no way to check that it was stopped payment as I know of no bank that will do that up front..and his bank wouldn't have told them anyway. 

It is all OBE now, but just a reminder..don't do business with individuals like this.  One reason I do respect Pay Pal..you can have at least an easier avenue to get your money back vs having to write letters and make multiple phone calls at your own expense....
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »

I only deal with PayPal, I gave up on all other means, they are all a scammers heaven, PayPal sucks for scammers because they hold the Money long enough that all parties must be satisfied.

Hi Greg..you need to read the post again.  The check was a valid real C Check. He had stop payment issued the same day (within 24 hours after having obtained it) and my bank had no way to check that it was stopped payment as I know of no bank that will do that up front..and his bank wouldn't have told them anyway. 

It is all OBE now, but just a reminder..don't do business with individuals like this.  One reason I do respect Pay Pal..you can have at least an easier avenue to get your money back vs having to write letters and make multiple phone calls at your own expense....

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »

Sad

In this case I hope you keep us posted on the out come and especially if action has been taken that led to prison time. It will keep others from doing this again and if that's the out come which I see no reason it shouldn't contact QRZ admins and E-Ham admins so they can post a bulletin on this story. It'll send some message to these thieves!!!

Good Luck and 73!
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 06:25:16 AM »

With a W0 call I guess you live quite a distance from Pennsacola FL.  Many years ago (1970's) I had a similar situation happen on a Sunday afternoon traders net on 75 meters.  Something was listed and I bought it.  When it arrived it was TRASH. 

After a number of USPS mailings (no internet back then) and phone calls, a group of us Southern rednecks piled in my car and drove 250 miles and paid the guy an unexpected "visit".

We "communicated our concerns" to him and in a short time he had his TRASH back and I had my $$$ back.

Was it worth spending an entire Saturday riding 500 miles round-trip to settle this mess?  Financially it was not worth the effort and the expense.  But I would  do it again in a heart beat.

Dick  AD4U
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 09:24:25 AM »

After a number of USPS mailings (no internet back then) and phone calls, a group of us Southern rednecks piled in my car and drove 250 miles and paid the guy an unexpected "visit".

We "communicated our concerns" to him and in a short time he had his TRASH back and I had my $$$ back.

Hehehe. I bet the look on that guy's face when he
answered the door was priceless!

Dick, maybe it wasn't worth the gas & time but think of
it this way: That guy'll probably never pull a stunt
like that again! Good work.

73, Ken  AD6KA
W9AC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 07:37:09 AM »

Cashier's check fraud has been rampant for years.  IF you accept a cashier's check from anyone you must let it clear
your bank before shipping any merchandise

Greg

Paper funds of any type are suspect, including USPO Money Orders.  Not only should the funds be cleared by the bank, make sure you secure an understanding from your bank that the funds are irrevocable by the purchasing party during the clearing process.  Different rules apply for different money instruments.  The only available revocation should be by court order only. 

A Florida attorney recently became liable (and subject to disclipline) in the amount of USD $250K -- even after seeing "funds cleared" in his client trust account.  Since the funds were not really available a week after "funds cleared," checks written against the account were drawn from money deposited by other clients.  It spiraled completely out of control. 

Do not listen to others concerning the validity of cashier's checks and money orders.  Their advice applies to days long ago...

KC8OYE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »

hahha this reminds me of a story that got me interested in ham a long time ago.. on 11m there was this moron with a sound fx generator.. and a HUGE linear.. had to be 1000+ watts because he was splattering about 6 channels either side of where he was at.. and could be heard s9+60 for miles.

another ham I know.. RDF'd him down while intentionally stirring him up to keep him on the air.. eventually the ham was like "I know where you live.. I'm in front of your house.."  the lid was of course like 'yeah right, whatever'  the ham keyed up and honked CQ infront of his house.. the guy went quiet and was never heard again....
WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:34 AM »

Well, this character has been surfacing again on QRZ.  Likely will be scamming someone down the road.  They always seem to "disappear" for a while and then resurface again...

Let's hope he has changed his ways....

K4AOO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 08:43:33 AM »

If all the arm chair lawyers are finished I’d just like to say that this whole thing was a complete misrepresentation of me. Are you all Americans? Understand innocent until proven guilty? This guy had something in his crawl because I stopped payment in a pick of broken equipment he sold me. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Lol
WB4IVF

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »

This response has had time to travel at the speed of light to Alpha Centauri and back by now.  A possible record?
(-:
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 11:32:56 AM »

Yeah, must have woke up from a stupor.  All the emails and time lines still available which do not support TOF's BS.  I moved on, recommend he do same and operate clean.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: