The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Builder's notes" for EB63?  (Read 2622 times)
AE5X

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »

I ordered an EB63 bag o' parts from CCI a few weeks ago. What arrived was a different circuit board, parts values, relay than what is depicted in their online EB63 bulletin. I have no way of knowing if the parts values are wrong or have been updated for some reason.

A call to CCI informed me that I should have received a copy of builder's notes, builder's hints or something to that effect - and that they would email it to me right away. After 6 hours, I called again to make sure they had my email address correct and was told they couldn't email it till "later". Later came and went...nada. I'm skeptical of ever receiving anything because if they had such an update, wouldn't it be posted to their website?

Anyway, if anyone has any documentation at all regarding this amp apart from the EB63 bulletin, I'd sure appreciate it if you felt like sharing... ;-)

John AE5X
john at ae5x dot com
http://www.ae5x.com/blog

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:17:39 PM by John Harper » Logged

WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »

I built an EB63 from CCI kit o' parts at least 15 years ago.  In fact, I think it was more like 18-19 years ago -- these things have been around a long time.

Even then, the parts did not all match the EB63 Motorola notes; however I must say everything worked perfectly.  I modified the COR (carrier operated relay) to work better than the original circuit, but still used "their" relay.

The PCB had silk screening...and I think it was screened "EB63" somewhere.  Does your board read that?
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »

I just got the email from CCI. The new docs differ greatly from what is available on their website and addresses my board layout and parts values. Why this isn't available online at CCI I have no idea...

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: