The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interference on 12/15/17 with Acer Desktop  (Read 1745 times)
KJ4YZF

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:43:54 AM »

I have an Acer DT on the floor a meter from the AL80B.   The monitor is a Samsung 23' LCD with the touch buttons on the bottom.   The mouse is a USB mouse.   When running barefoot I still have the problem but it's worse (dah) with the AL80B.

When transmitting on 20 meters the monitor clicks though various modes, setup, brightness, etc.  When the transmission is done the monitor is usually off and just needs to be turned on.

When transmitting on 12/15/17 meters the mouse and keyboard stop functioning.  The keyboard CAP LOCK and NUM LOCKs blink every times and the mouse pointer goes from arrow to a pound sign.   The computer needs to be rebooted.

When transmitting on 30/40/60/80 meters everything works fine - there are no problems..

I tried moving the computer away from that didn't make a difference..

Any ideas?

73's

KJ4YZF/HK
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »

How close is your antenna to shack. Also have you tried using a separate power feed for computer and have a RF filter in it too? I have never had a problem with computers over years even when I had TVI problems in past. Also are you sharing ground with amp? Also while I can run a KW and often do on 40, i rarely do so on 20 and above because generally it not really needed unless trying to break a pileup.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: