The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: al-82 swr problem  (Read 1475 times)
KA0YSB

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »

im having a problem while using my al-82. im tuning the amp up for full output into my mfj legal limit tuner at an swr at 1:1 CW. when i switch over to ssb and start talking i notice that the swr jumps up to around 2:1 and will float around between 2:1 and 1:1 as i continue to talk and then it will jump back up again. i checked all the jumpers and they are good. when i take the al-82 out of line and put the 811H on i dont have any swr problems. does anybody have any thoughts on what this could be? thanks in advace for your time.

73's

brian sawyer AA0GK  

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:06:51 AM »

The first question is, what does it act like into a dummy load?

You have to eliminate every variable you can, and with due respect, the first place to look is at the coupler. Assuming that is the culprit, the extra power the 82 will deliver may be enough to cause the problem. Thus, eliminating it from the equation is the first step.

A dummy and a know-good directional wattmeter are basic necessities in any ham shack. After all, you cannot rely on any internal meter especially if the load is unknown.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: