The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dielectric tape  (Read 16559 times)
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »

NYY:  I should go to work for McMaster-Carr!  Daymn!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#polyimide-(kapton)-tape/=buomwm

This is Kapton tape..... and the price seems reasonable.  McMaster-Carr shipping costs are ususally reasonable..... however, this would also be a good time to stock up on nuts and bolts to justify the shipping costs.  HI.

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »

http://www.mcmaster.com/#fishpaper-film/=buopww

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
KJ4QAN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »

Kapton tape is amazingly resilient. When I worked at GE Medical Systems they used to make their own circuit boards. We used to put Kapton tape on the gold finger contacts before running them through the wave-solder machine. The boards were loaded onto a conveyor and would go through a hot air preheat, over a hot flux fountain (wave), 2 - 4 solder pot waves (depending on board), a descaler, hot soda wash bath (to clean off the flux), and a hot air blow dryer. Then we'd peel off the tape after the boards cooled down. That tape looked as good as when it came of the roll and it would almost never leave a residue behind. Yet it stuck tight and pulled off just like any scotch tape. Only it didn't tear. It came off in one piece! Amazing stuff. I looked at the above link and was surprised to see that it's relatively cheap. I'm getting a roll. It would sure be better than plain old electrical tape for insulating parts of project boxes.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: