The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SignaLink USB for dummies?  (Read 20639 times)
JEREMYB

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »

If you have a proper cable for the SignaLink, it will control the TS-570 "push-to-talk" function.  When MultiPSK is producing output, the SL will put the rig into XMIT mode to send it.

I don't know MultiPSK.   If it is working like this:

. . . Enter text into an input area;

. . . Press the "SEND" key to send the text.

there's probably a way to keep the input area "alive" as you type.

I usually suggest that people start with Digipan software.  It only runs PSK31, but it's the simplest digital-mode software around, it's free, and it's fairly easy to set up.   It's easy to get lost with MultiPSK and "fldigi" and other multi-mode programs.

Charles

I like digipan, it is simple and easy.  Walter has stated that when he was running multipsk the TX light(or whatever its called on the Signalink) never lit up, wouldn't this suggest that there wasn't enough audio to trip the vox circuit?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »

Walter has stated that when he was running multipsk the TX light(or whatever its called on the Signalink) never lit up, wouldn't this suggest that there wasn't enough audio to trip the vox circuit?

As I recall when I was reading manual online there is a jumper setting that can boost audio gain for units VOX.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »

Any soundcard has enough output for the SignaLink VOX circuit.  You must set the 'volume control' properly, though.

Charles
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 06:57:51 PM »

Any soundcard has enough output for the SignaLink VOX circuit.  You must set the 'volume control' properly, though.

Charles

It has its own internal "sound card"

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
K3GAU

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

I use the SLUSB with multipsk, fldigi, winmor, V4 and several others and don't have any problems with it keying.  In any of the programs you use you need to select the USB codex as your 'sound card'.  If the program has some sort of a TX volume level control built into the program adjust it for maximum output.  Your TX drive level, RX level and vox delay are ALL adjusted by the controls on the front of the SLUSB.  For the SLUSB to vox key the TX properly you need to have the level out of the computer set to max or near max other wise it either doesn't key or intermittantly keys the TX.

As for the VOX delay setting.  On some modes it is very pretty critical especially on modes like winmor or v4 where quick RX/TX turn around is needed.  For that kind of mode they recommend setting it at absolute minamum (fully CCW).  I generally run it just a little up from that so the vox doesn't chatter in and out when the program sends CW at 20 WPM.  That's my personal choice but YMMV.

I've had the SLUSB for a couple of years now and love the little beast.  I have also adapted SLUSBs to several different TXs and it is pretty much PNP once you get the levels set right.

Dave K3GAU
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: