The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-450at with Nomic  (Read 1706 times)
KJ4AGA

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »

Does anyone have jumper layout tat you use for this radio?  I can't seem to get it to work very good at all.  CW translates very poorly and other modes are a wash as well although I'm listening, I haven't transmitted due to the spotty copy with hrd.

Thanks
Brian
KJ4AGA
KG4LMZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »

I just used the layout labelled as "Typical Yaesu(R) RJ45 (8 wire) Modular mic connector radios" and it worked just fine.  It's the second one from the top on page 8 of the RIGblaster nomic manual.  For completeness:

PTT to 3
PTT GND to 2
MIC GND to 5
MIC to 4

No connections on GNDTIE, 1, 6, 7, or 8.
KX5JT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 06:16:09 AM »

CW sent by humans generally translates poorly via computer.  Computers read computer generated stuff much better.  Just saying don't go by the CW decoding to tell if you really have a problem. 
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:04 AM »

You don't say what software you're using. 

Try tuning to 14.070 / USB during the day.  With Digipan (or any other digital-mode software) you should see a bunch of railroad tracks with crossovers -- PSK31 signals.  If you can decode those, the "receive" signal path is working OK.

As the previous post says, software will only decode _strong_ CW signals with "perfect fists" -- paddle-sent, or machine-sent, code, with good signal/noise ratio.

Charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: