The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TL-933/ JRC JRL-3000F  (Read 5323 times)
VA1CQ

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »

I wonder if anybody outside Japan is using the Kenwood TL-933 amplifier. I understand this amp is essentially the same as the JRC JRL-3000F. I also know the TL-933 was never marketed outside Japan therefore there is no English manual....but who reads them anyway? But, the word is that it is a quality amp. Currently available for sale from CQ Netshop in Japan for US$4264. (http://www.cqnet.co.jp/musen/list.cgi?ctg_id=ama-kotei).

Anybody have any first-hand user's experience?

Murray
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:47:24 PM »

Actually, it's nothing special. Both Yaesu and Icom have similar amplifiers (albeit with less parts content), and both are FCC approved. They are also about the same price (and look nicer in my opinion).

There are literally dozens of HF solid state and tube amps on the world market that the vast majority of the North American amateurs never heard of, much less eyed. For example, there are at least two made in Israel, several made in Italy, and one in Germany. And these are the ones I know about. Lord knows how many there really are.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: