The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garage door opener freq ?  (Read 4892 times)
SV1ENS

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »

Hi All,
I've been trying to locate a replacement remote control garage door opener for my condo garage door.
Unfortunately the management is of no help, and their remotes are probably made of gold and way too expensive,
also there are no labels on the defective unit identifying make, model, etc.
The remote has a "multi-code" label on the top left corner and a led next to it.
After a google search I managed to locate what appear to compatible units, "multi-code 300Mhz 3089", and when I thought that I'm
ready to order, I found yet a second version of the same remote opener that is 310Mhz specially made for Canada...
I tried to measure the frequency of my unit but the reading is from 210 to 360 Mhz...

Anyone familiar to these remote door openers ?? 300 or 310 Mhz ??

Demetre - VE3/SV1ENS
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:17:44 AM »

Have a look at the Industry Canada web site and see what they have designated for that use in Canada. If there's no help there, drop them a line. If you get really stuck, I have a contact or two in IC who may be able to help.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 03:16:57 AM »

The remote (or the door opener) should have a label on it with the permit/testing file number of the device on it.  Many times, you can get full information on the device by looking up that number, since all the pertinent information should be contained in the file the government has on it.  If that fails, you still may be able to get an add-on transmitter/receiver package that will connect to the two wires for any manual button that you have to open the door from the inside--effectively bypassing the original unit receiver.
SV1ENS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »

Hi All and Happy New Year !

The receiver has no labels, I did a little Industry Canada search but the specific class of radio equipment is approved from 300 to 320 Mhz. So the question is still unanswered !

Anyway, I decided to just buy one each 300 and 310 Mhz remote, and return the one that doesn't work...

Thanks to all for the help !

Demetre - VE3/SV1ENS
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »

Heath HW-101 in the the 40m Novice band, feeding
a 150' long wire antenna. Shack is on third floor
with no ground.

My very first Novice QSO I opened 7 condo garage
door openers at once with that setup.

I thought it was tres cool, the XYL did not.
Expected cops at the door any second.  Grin
Ken  AD6KA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: