The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov. Romney says "Hams are not needed" with agitation.....  (Read 109341 times)
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »

Well then ,all he needs is Hams who can inform him ,of what hams can do to help in a emergency. also I plan to vote for him as our next President.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2012, 09:56:43 PM »

For new those who haven't read the whole thread:
- Romney was answering a question of whether or not the funds should be spent to make public service infrastructure hardened enough to work in case of power outages. I would hope everyone agrees that it should take more than a few seconds of power failure before the situation becomes a communication emergency and they need to call in the hams.
- Romney's campaign has released an official statement recognizing the importance of amateur radio in emergencies. It's not like he's promised to close down either amateur radio or the emcomm portion of it.

Romney is by all indications not going to touch amateur radio, and the people who pushed this story probably already knew that.

Start by giving us a link of his "official statement" and maybe we'll consider paying any attention to what you ,or he has to say about his screw up.

Still doesn't make up for all his other mishaps especially not worrying out the poor or middle class situation.
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »

Start by giving us a link of his "official statement" and maybe we'll consider paying any attention to what you ,or he has to say about his screw up.
Is that "we" the Royal "we", or are you representing someone else?
Here's the link: http://www.southgatearc.org/news/january2008/mitt_romney.htm
They didn't write in ALL CAPS, so maybe that's why they got a response to their email.

Still doesn't make up for all his other mishaps especially not worrying out the poor or middle class situation.
If there are so many other mishaps, it might have been a good idea to focus on those then. If you exaggerate or just make stuff up about your opponent, by the time you make an actual good point you've lost your credibility with the voters. It's called "cry wolf", I believe.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: