The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov. Romney says "Hams are not needed" with agitation.....  (Read 109300 times)
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »

Mr. Romney also may have meant we dont to have to use ham radio. That could also mean that he wants a communication system that can withstand anything. I am not sure but having a strong community of people that has the knowledge that is in the ham community reminds me what a prisoner told me. He said "Sarge it is better to have a shank and not need it than to need it and not have." Words of wisdom from a man serve 2 life sentences but so very true.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »

Besides that piece being old news, it is well known that that clown has been 'considering' running for President ever since he was Governor of Massachusetts.  He just doesn't have the b*lls to continue to try if he gets shown up--which he has been several times.

The people of Mass. know what a screw up he is--and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if he took even ten percent of this state's vote.  He fowled the works up in this state--and then publicly stated that he had run for Governor just as a stepping stone to get to the Presidency and quit.  As a result, the Mass. Lieutenant Governor became Governor--but Romney fowled up the campaign and lost the nomination anyway.

If that bozo gets into the White House, this country is going further into the crapper for sure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:34:46 PM by K1CJS » Logged
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »

Besides that piece being old news, it is well known that that clown has been 'considering' running for President ever since he was Governor of Massachusetts.  He just doesn't have the b*lls to continue to try if he gets shown up--which he has been several times.

The people of Mass. know what a screw up he is--and I would be EXTREMELY surprised if he took even ten percent of this state's vote.  He fowled the works up in this state--and then publicly stated that he had run for Governor just as a stepping stone to get to the Presidency and quit.  As a result, the Mass. Lieutenant Governor became Governor--but Romney fowled up the campaign and lost the nomination anyway.

If that bozo gets into the White House, this country is going further into the crapper for sure.

Even more fuel to make my point what an idiot he is to have made such a comment. Proves again he can't handle a local television interview he sure as HELL isn't gonna be able to handle the White House let alone governor.

73!
KU2US

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

I will vote for anyone apposing BO including Mickey Mouse, BUT, I also vote in the primary's and will not vote for Romney after this remark. He said this 7 years ago? OK, it was a freudian slip (What he really believes). Now, I wonder how Santorum feels about us! We know BO wants the FCC to control the internet too! So which way do we turn! Time to stock up on food, ammo and antenna wire!      Grin
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 06:06:54 AM »

I won't vote for him unless he is the one that runs against O, but only because I don't want O back in.

I will not vote for Romney, especially now after this quote. The one thing that concerns me about this crop of conservative candidates, is that the republican party constituents cannot seem to decide on a candidate. There has been a musical chairs of candidates leading in the polls. And that is a big concern, considering that I am looking for an alternate to O.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:34 AM »

Geeeeez!!!!   Undecided This is old news, and the editorial comments look like they came out from the Boston "Blob", the New York "Slimes" or the Washington "Com"post.  This happened 6-7 years ago when Romney wasn't even thinking seriously about running for President.

And that is my biggest concern. Since he was not pandering, he must have been serious. Think about it.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »

Yup, what someone thinks about ham radio ranks right up there as "the" top issue when selecting a president.  Undecided  The economy, dept, and healthcare pale in comparison.

Bob  AA4PB
Garrisonville, VA
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

Yup, what someone thinks about ham radio ranks right up there as "the" top issue when selecting a president.  Undecided  The economy, dept, and healthcare pale in comparison.

Those issues are there for every candidate, including Romney. If the economy is good, healthcare costs are low, and debt is kept in check, then the person looks like a genius. if those are not doing well, then the person looks like a failure.

If anyone if going to tell me that those issues are not on the top of the list of EVERY candidate, they they are a fool. It's the secondary issues that sets them apart.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »

I won't vote for him unless he is the one that runs against O, but only because I don't want O back in.

I will not vote for Romney, especially now after this quote. The one thing that concerns me about this crop of conservative candidates, is that the republican party constituents cannot seem to decide on a candidate. There has been a musical chairs of candidates leading in the polls. And that is a big concern, considering that I am looking for an alternate to O.

Romney is really loaded/rich (I hear his worth over 100 mil) so this is kinda a game to him. I think GOP can do better but historically it is tougher to defeat a incumbent and losing in a presidential election kinda tarnishes credentials for future ventures so some of the smarter ones are staying out of race.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

This seems like much ado over nothing.   
KD8GTP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »

I agree. The hell with the economy and jobs.  As long as the candidate likes ham radio he gets my vote Smiley

Bart
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »

I agree. The hell with the economy and jobs.  As long as the candidate likes ham radio he gets my vote Smiley

Oh, I did not know he had the fix for it. Seems like everyone has the fix.

The bottom line is that he won't fix the economy. His advisers would. He would just get the credit. But as I said. That is a top button issue for all candidates. Why is he special?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:50:05 PM by N4NYY » Logged
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »

Romney is really loaded/rich (I hear his worth over 100 mil) so this is kinda a game to him. I think GOP can do better but historically it is tougher to defeat a incumbent and losing in a presidential election kinda tarnishes credentials for future ventures so some of the smarter ones are staying out of race.

I agree 100%!

What does a multi millionaire know anything about our poor/middle class woes if be wasn't a self made millionaire? Nothing!!

It is just a game for people like him.

73!
LA9XSA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »

Mr. Romney also may have meant we dont to have to use ham radio. That could also mean that he wants a communication system that can withstand anything.
That's seems to be what he meant - our daily emergency communications shouldn't have to turn to amateur radio just because of a power failure. We can't be 100% sure if he meant he'd never use amateur radio even if the situation got so bad that the fail-safe system fails, unless we look closer at if he spoke about it at other occasions. However, the official word from the campaign, is that he recognizes the role of amateur radio, but was speaking about hardening the emergency response infrastructure, so it appears you can vote for Romney with good conciseness if the only issue is amateur radio.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »

Maybe I don't like him because he's a politician and because he's a CB'er. Wink

I was sent an email two days ago about this and it was the first I heard of it. Guess I'm really late on this topic but maybe we need a reminder for those who didn't hear about it like me.

I'm still gonna send him an email as a reminder in case be has a different point of view. If your passionate about this hobby like I I'm sure it's gotta ruffle some feathers.

73!                                                                                                             
[/quote]  I could most likely overlook the fact that Romney was a CBer, as long as he stays within the CB band limits and keeps his power under 5 Watts.  However, if information came out that he is a freebander, then I doubt that any self respecting ham could vote for him!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: