The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for a 100 Watt Class amplifier for a FLEX-1500?  (Read 66234 times)
KH6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »

Call sign = legal name which may lead to credentials.
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »

Call sign = legal name which may lead to credentials.

WX7G, what is your SSN so we can verify your credentials?  How do we know you are the real WX7G and not an imposter?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2013, 12:00:49 AM »

W5JON:
I prefer having a conversation with an someone that is not anonymous.  I am proud of my callsign, license and credentials, and wish others were of their's.

SWL2002
Come on, the Ham Radio licenses have been dumbed down so much at this point and are such a joke. Having a Ham radio license means nothing as far as credentials.

Re: "Credentials" I believe Jon was referring to academic
credentials
(BSEE, MSEE, or higher) and/or real world experience
in the transceiver design or testing industry, or related fields.

And with remarks like "SWL2002"s, I can see why he doesn't
care to converse with anonymous posters.....and trolls.
73, Ken  AD6KA, R.T. (R)
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2013, 03:39:18 AM »

W5JON:
I prefer having a conversation with an someone that is not anonymous.  I am proud of my callsign, license and credentials, and wish others were of their's.

SWL2002
Come on, the Ham Radio licenses have been dumbed down so much at this point and are such a joke. Having a Ham radio license means nothing as far as credentials.

credentials

73, Ken  AD6KA, R.T. (R)

So now you are speaking for W5JON?

You are saying he does not care to converse with anonymous posters, yet W5JON still engages Zenki in conversation over and over again.  There is an ignore button he is free to use at any time.  You are free to use it too if anonymous posters bother you so much.

Knowing your name and callsign tells me only that you've managed to pass a test where you only need to memorize questions that have been handed to you.  It certainly does not mean you are an expert or have the technical credentials to comment on anything technical.  The content of someone's posts are more of an indicator of their expertise.  Obviously, Zenki knows what he is talking about on IMD subjects.  Why do you want his name and callsign, so you can harass him via email or go to his house and beat him up?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:45:16 AM by SWL2002 » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013, 05:47:48 AM »

Hi Ken,

If you get down in the mud and wrestle with an inmature pig, you both get really dirty, but the pig enjoys it.  Grin

John

W5JON:

SWL2002

credentials

73, Ken  AD6KA, R.T. (R)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:04:19 AM by W5JON » Logged
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:01 AM »

Hi Ken,

If you get down in the mud and wrestle with an inmature pig, you both get really dirty, but the pig enjoys it.  Grin

John

W5JON:

SWL2002

credentials

73, Ken  AD6KA, R.T. (R)

You are definitely showing your immaturity by resorting to name calling instead of civil discussion. 
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2013, 07:29:19 AM »

credentials

And what were the academic credentials for James Clerk Maxwell at the time he *defined* everything this argument stems from?  

What academic institution credentialed Galileo?  

Young Einstein, when he dropped out of university and worked at the Swiss Patent Office and did most of his seminal and world-changing work?  

Bill Gates' "academic credentials" please.  

Steve Jobs' ditto.

Col. Armstrong?  

Col.Fessendon?  

Nikola Tesla

My point being that the academic credential may just prove to be more of a *hindrance* to innovation, discovery and even implementation than anything else, creating "priests" if you will who are best suited to reciting the same old tired beliefs, misconceptions and other learned mantras and may be little proof as to what they in actuality really know, or can prove.  

The notion that someone must be a "member" or otherwise "approved" by whatever standard before they can be allowed to intelligently conribute to a conversation and submit the argumentative is nothing more than yet another example of the human race's fascination with the art of prejudice.  

I don't care if the poster has a callsign or chooses some other internet "handle" - I've learned from all sorts of sources and shall continue.  

It is up to the listener to do whatever it takes in order to be able to evaluate the things heard and, being a patriotic American myself, I value that freedom.  

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.  
That principle is condemnation before investigation.  --Edmund Spencer

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:31:55 AM by KE3WD » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »

Please REREAD my post, no where in it do I say "academic credentials".  

An Amateur License maybe considered a "credential" along with many other certificates and/or other life experiences.

However when someone submits TEST RESULTS in this forum, but does not answer any IMPORTANT questions regarding the Transceiver used in the  Testing, it does raise concern regarding the validity of the "Testing" and that individual's credibility.

Also, NONE of the individuals you named in your post were/are anonymous, nor are their accomplishments or their credentials.

You may choose to accept any testing, or statement, by any anonymous individual in any forum, that is your right. I DO NOT choose to blindly accept that Testing and not ask questions.  

John

I WROTE:

When asked to accept test results, it is important to know that credentials of the individual doing the testing, to help establish validity of the testing and results.  During my 30 years in the industry I learned not to blindly accept test results because someone said or wrote so, but to know their capabilities. When submitting results of testing, "because I say so" does not cut it in the real world.  

I would think, in an amateur radio forum, having an amateur radio license is a basic credential, and not to much to ask.  

John  

credentials

And what were the academic credentials for James Clerk Maxwell at the time he *defined* everything this argument stems from?  

What academic institution credentialed Galileo?  

Young Einstein, when he dropped out of university and worked at the Swiss Patent Office and did most of his seminal and world-changing work?  

Bill Gates' "academic credentials" please.  

Steve Jobs' ditto.

Col. Armstrong?  

Col.Fessendon?  

Nikola Tesla

My point being that the academic credential may just prove to be more of a *hindrance* to innovation, discovery and even implementation than anything else, creating "priests" if you will who are best suited to reciting the same old tired beliefs, misconceptions and other learned mantras and may be little proof as to what they in actuality really know, or can prove.  

The notion that someone must be a "member" or otherwise "approved" by whatever standard before they can be allowed to intelligently conribute to a conversation and submit the argumentative is nothing more than yet another example of the human race's fascination with the art of prejudice.  

I don't care if the poster has a callsign or chooses some other internet "handle" - I've learned from all sorts of sources and shall continue.  

It is up to the listener to do whatever it takes in order to be able to evaluate the things heard and, being a patriotic American myself, I value that freedom.  

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.  
That principle is condemnation before investigation.  --Edmund Spencer

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:40:40 AM by W5JON » Logged
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2013, 01:42:10 PM »

Too much use of caps key for me, thanks. 
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2013, 02:50:55 PM »

maybe this will help:  please reread my post, nowhere in it do I say "academic credentials".  

also, you may want to read a post before you lecture someone on it.

john  

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:20:51 PM by W5JON » Logged
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »

maybe this will help:  please reread my post, nowhere in it do I say "academic credentials".  

You might take your own advice about reading the post before lecturing.

You might see that I was not even responding to your post anyway. 

The Quote block IDs the response to AD6KA...

SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2013, 03:16:04 AM »

john  

W5JON , you really need to educate yourself on the proper way to quote. Otherwise you subtract from your credibility.

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2013, 08:39:59 AM »

The RM Italy HLA-300V wil drive to 250 watts out with 5 watts. It has low pass filter for each band and is auto switching. You will need a good 55 amp power supply like the DuraCom DPS-55.

The amplifier is very clean if you don't over drive the unit.

http://www.rmitaly.com/scheda.asp?IDGr=1&cat=19&tipo=188

The amplifier will do about 250-290 watts PEP. Key is not to overdrive the unit.

I used the unit for traveling with my IC-703.

NONE of these amplifiers that I can see are LEGAL in the USA.Maybe I missed them but they are NOT on the FCC's approved list of amplifiers.
http://swap.qth.com/fcc/fcc-oklinear2.htm

Clayton
W4KVW
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: