The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All about DXA and TX5K - Please Read  (Read 20263 times)
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 03:19:17 AM »

None of my QSOs from yesterday are showing up yet. Should I be worried?

Jon:

DXA was having problems yesterday evening. You should be ok on the Islands Logs, but to be on the safe side work them again. That is what I had to do as I was getting no greenies on a couple of Bands for my QSO's in the first day.

The operator will tell you if you are a dupe....

73 De Mike
VE3YF

73 De Mike
VE3YF

http://www.ve3yf.com
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 03:23:13 AM »

DXA was down for a good while yesterday - at least it wasn't updating so my guess is they will show up eventually - BUT.....
You do have 8 showing
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2013, 03:28:19 AM »

DXA Saves The Day

I just worked them on 40m cw and after waiting 18 minutes nothing in the log. I looked for busted calls in the list but nothing.

So I called again on my last tx frequency and he came right back to me - a lucky first call. Two minutes later I am in the log.

What happened..did the op not press the enter key to store my first call?  Anyway thank goodness for DXA. it is so much better than finding out tomorrow that I am not in the log.

73 Mark N1UK

Mark:

I have noticed that twice with me as well. In my case they seem to be with the same operator though (No Names/Bands/Modes) as it could be a glitch in the logging software, operator, who knows.

I also like DXA, it saves a lot of grief, either you worked em or you didnt and you get a good indication. Much the same as the real time logging that Silvano (I2YSB).

The real time logging must be expensive or they have their own Satellite etc...

73 De Mike
VE3YF

73 De Mike
VE3YF

N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:21 AM »

I'm still missing 30m and 10m cw from 3/2.  I'll try and get those again Friday if the log doesn't catch up by then.

I have no idea how the /M effects LoTW so I typically leave it out of my computer log and just write a comment the station was mobile.

Since it looks for an exact match,  / anything after the call sign affects LOTW. I log them however they are calling.

I have my /m call set up on LOTW, (easy to do for /m, /qrp, /p etc.. after you are initially setup) and log/upload those qsos as such. If the op on the other end doesn't log/upload likewise, there will never be a match.

DXCC doesn't have a separate award for /m calls, those qsos count as your regular call for ARRL awards, and they can all be linked together on LOTW for credit.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2013, 05:01:31 AM »

DXA was down for a good while yesterday - at least it wasn't updating so my guess is they will show up eventually - BUT.....
You do have 8 showing

I had a few mode fills, but also had 20m and 10m QSOs which would have been new bands.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N9FB

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »

probably not.  I checked mine today and now my 'missing' 20m CW QSO is populated.
I just checked you and you sir have a lot of green lights.  in non-digital modes, the only
thing you're missing is 10 and 40 CW and 80 and 160 SSB. You're missing 30m SSB too --
but that is probably a good thing  Cheesy  give it a day would be my guess
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 10:50:52 AM »

Finally gave up and did a safety QSO on 10. Now all I'm missing is 40 -- which isn't there because I haven't done it. Yet. Smiley

73, -WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »

I have been in contact with the pilot over this DXA malfunction.

Today I was informed that the software guy had fixed some problems.

Sure enough, much improved. Most of my Q's show now, and I was actually able to work them on a new band from my driveway. Come back into the house. Check my PC and see DXA post the Q.

I guess it is pretty neat when it works.

73 Tony N5UD
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 04:49:45 AM »

It was nice to work em on 80 SSB this morning and to see the greenie appear. I wonder in the last few days if they will work 160 SSB to improve their overall totals. Would be nice to seem them work some more bands on RTTY.

Overall they are doing an outstanding job....

73 De Mike
VE3YF

73 De Mike
VE3YF

AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 07:14:06 AM »

14 of my 15 greenies are there. If my 10cw never shows up I won't be too upset. A lot of my QSOs showed up yesterday. I think I am going to call it quits with them now, and let everyone else get their Qs

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: