The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF KEN SIMPSON, W8EK  (Read 86983 times)
KI6LZ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:15 PM »

It wasn't Barnum, but I digress. It would take me up to maybe 3 days to get a photo on line from first start. I would have to find my $15 dollar camera, find the charging station, wait 8-14 for charge. Then take pic and try to figure out how to down load it into computer, then to figure out where it went to and what program to use to view it and crop/edit it, and if necessary how to reduce pixel size. Then if on this site to establish some site to up load the pic and create a link. Easy if you do it all the time or  have done it at least once.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »

It wasn't Barnum, but I digress. It would take me up to maybe 3 days to get a photo on line from first start. I would have to find my $15 dollar camera, find the charging station, wait 8-14 for charge. Then take pic and try to figure out how to down load it into computer, then to figure out where it went to and what program to use to view it and crop/edit it, and if necessary how to reduce pixel size. Then if on this site to establish some site to up load the pic and create a link. Easy if you do it all the time or  have done it at least once.

If you have any friends or relatives under 30, they could do it for you in a couple of minutes and teach you how at the same time.  It's not rocket science.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »

So he didn't originate it, he still used it.  And Tom's right.  It isn't rocket science, but there again if you do have something you don't want anyone else to see unless they buy the thing, it's an excuse.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 01:21:35 AM »

Actually, you don't need to "post" a picture to send it if someone requests it. Just take the picture, plug in the USB cable to the camera, reply to the email that requested the picture, and attach or insert the picture file to the reply email.

I don't own one, but a smart phone probably does it even easier. Send it directly from the phone.

Anyone who uses the internet to post ads and respond to buyers has this easy capability. And cheap digital cameras are a very small investment to buy and use to help make a sale.

Either they are simply too lazy, or are trying not to give you a truthful description if they say they "can't" send a picture. In todays "click and its done" technology level, that excuse is as lame as crinkling plastic next to a mic and say there is radio interference and can't be understood!

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »

So he didn't originate it, he still used it.  And Tom's right.  It isn't rocket science, but there again if you do have something you don't want anyone else to see unless they buy the thing, it's an excuse.

He didn't originate it or say it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute
KD8TFG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »

I see he has several ads on QTH for vhf/uhf antennas I contacted him in regards to one as the price was good, he replied almost instantly, I asked for his pay pal info, he said I don't use it, money orders or checks only. I replied No Thanks
NY7Q

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 06:56:28 AM »

[b]WOW, I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH REMARKS BEING MADE HERE. I HAVE DEALT WITH KEN OVER THE YEARS AND HAVE FOUND HIM TO BE STRAIGHT UP. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ANYWAY?HuhHuh?
[/b]
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 07:47:34 AM »

[b]WOW, I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH REMARKS BEING MADE HERE. I HAVE DEALT WITH KEN OVER THE YEARS AND HAVE FOUND HIM TO BE STRAIGHT UP. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ANYWAY?HuhHuh?
[/b]

I think the previous posts say it all....And be thankful your dealings went smooth!

73, Stan
KA2FIR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »

He listed a TS-711 on qth.com. I asked for pics. Tells me he doesn't have any/ camera. Instead, he sends me a link which is a photo of a 711. I know what a TS-711 looks like. I want to see the one that's forsale. No photos no buy.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 05:39:17 PM »

As far as accepting lame excuses such as "I don't do pictures"--"There's a sucker born every minute."  --P. T. Barnum
Didn't the Barnum and Bailey circus hail from Florida?
K7LRB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »

I have purchased several items from Ken. ALL were "as advertised". I have also found it easy and pleasant to communicate with him. I am not 'arguing' with any posts here, just stating facts.

Thanks and 73,
de Larry
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 08:11:03 AM »

Well maybe that is why he is not on ebay.  Sounds like half the people got what they thought and the other half got a shaft.  I guess you won't last long on ebay with a 50% rating and that explains it, along with making sure the payment is not paypal so you can't recover losses.
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

[
Well maybe that is why he is not on ebay.  Sounds like half the people got what they thought and the other half got a shaft.  I guess you won't last long on ebay with a 50% rating and that explains it, along with making sure the payment is not paypal so you can't recover losses.
 Not to mention any listings on ebay without pictures are passed by.  I figured out how to post pictures very quickly years ago for online sales. Not to mention it allows you to send pictures for non sales stuff like emails.  Either lazy or a tardo is the only excuse for no pictures for anyone that is internet/computer savvy enough to be on here.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:14:59 AM by W8AAZ » Logged
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 05:54:10 AM »

Wisconsin, in between the Wisconsin Dells and Madison; can't remember the small town's name.  Great museum there, BTW. 
That was then, maybe they're Florida-based now(?)  Don't know.

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »

Wisconsin, in between the Wisconsin Dells and Madison; can't remember the small town's name.  Great museum there, BTW. 
That was then, maybe they're Florida-based now(?)  Don't know.

Baraboo

73, Stan
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: