The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK, RS232, DVK = HEADACHE  (Read 4877 times)
WB7WBW

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2001, 08:43:57 PM »

I have just completed an interface for my TS-570SG, with the help of several of the users of this group. I would like to thank you all, especially Rick K8CAV, author of the interface featured in the February 2001 QST. I can even copy all you PSKers out there!
The problem now is that I am not sure I know what I am doing. I have an RS232 cable connected between my TS570 and a serial port on the computer which enables me to have the radio fill in the frequency, band and mode in Logger. The interface I built has 3 conductors which go to another? serial port. Do I need this connection? How about DVK? It seems to me that with all this stuff in the same program, one hookup should suffice.
When I hook the interface up and turn everything on (with both serial ports connected) the radio goes into transmit and won't come out. If I disconnect the conductor from the interface, the radio will not key at all.
Rather than ramble on any more, I think someone out there probably gets the idea and has a clear idea of what I'm talking about. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jerry Lynn - WB7WBW
3017 1st Ave. No.
Great Falls, MT 59401
lynnfam@worldnet.att.net
http://home.att.net/~lynnfam

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2001, 04:33:39 PM »

Hi Jerry,

Ypu might look at this site for com port problems.  There is a utility "FIXCOM " that might help.
http://www.siliconpixels.com/tech/tcorner.htm

Jerry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: