The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Output from Sound Card  (Read 3629 times)
AD5DR

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2002, 04:27:18 PM »

Trying to get set up for PSK31 - can receive fine but no transmit.  I've isolated the problem down to the soundcard line output, tried listening with both speakers and headphones with no results, so it appears there's nothing being sent to my rig.  The soundcard does not output sound for other applications either.  Here are some details:

Compaq Pressario 2256 - motherboard sound disabled in BIOS setup (when I don't do this I show device conflicts).  All mixer volumes at 100%.  No device conflicts indicated.

Soundblaster PCI16 Sound Card (new)= drivers, mixers, etc. loaded from distrbution disc.  The Compaq only has one PCI slot.  Creative's webpage has been a dead end so far.

ICOM Original 706 rig interfaced through Rascal 13 pin accessory connector.

WINPSK31 software running in Compaq.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2002, 08:22:14 PM »

Go to Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices, double click the icon, Click Options, Properties, Playback, make sure there is a "x" by volume control and wave, also if you have a CD player, put a "x" by CD Audio and Line In, then close the menu and put the Volume, Wave, CD Audio, Line-In sliders about half way up, close Control Panel. See if you have sound going out on the computer speakers using the PSK31 transmit mode.  If there is no speaker sound then driver or mixer dirvers may not be installed correctly.
WB0DMA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2002, 01:19:14 PM »

I have tried several programs with the same results.  The only program that I could get audio out to transmit with was HamScope.  You can find the email address to download the program in the review section of eham.net.  By the way - it's a free program.
VE7NVI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 12:17:47 PM »

check carefully the control panel settings first then if you still have problems, (a) do you have regular sound for the events in windows working ok?   (b) if not check the sound card with one that is known to be working properly... if this now shows that the sound card works fine then replace the card with a cheap sb 16pci.  i keep a spare around in case of these problems....  but make sure you also have the latest full duplex drivers installed as well.... if not.. you might run into this problem as a tech i have seen this very problem before... with sb16 pci cards... 73's and good luck in it..
KD5JDG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 09:39:27 PM »

I have the same problem; I have a compaq presario 5015 with the built in ess audiodrive soundcard. I get no audio on the line out port (actually, I dont hear anything with the speakers or headphones, but my radio picks it up just bearely - very low modulation. Would it be possible to use the speaker port with a y splitter? Just a thought,  I have no idea whats causing the problem.

TNX & 73's,
Fabian C.
KD5JDG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: