The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 70 cm band treat  (Read 2309 times)
VE6JTM

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »

Any body know what radio frequencies the racing cyclists use.
There a move to permit them to use part of the 70 cm HAM band in Alberta, Canada.
We are familiar with the regs regarding this.
I am looking for information on what is been done in other areas, i.e. USA, and EU.
Any information would be helpful.

You may respond direct to ssc@andor.net
Thanks,
Mitch  VE6OH
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:27 AM »

No problem--if anyone who is going to be using those UHF transceivers has their ham license, that is.  BUT...  As for one person having a ham license and everybody using those radio under that one license?  NO!  It comes back to the regs--and having a control operator oversee physically anyone who is going to transmit on the ham bands.  It is the OPERATOR who is licensed, not the radio or set of radios!
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:07:53 AM »

In the EU, licence exempt operation of SRDs (Short Range Devices) on 433.92MHz does not allow speech. However, there is a speech band about 446MHz for licence exempt use: it is known as PMR446, and allows low power (100mW from memory) on about 6 channels. They are looking at introducing digital speech as an option - the Chairman of the standards committee involved with this at the European Telecommunications Standards Institute is G4VVZ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: