The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Kenwood 570D  (Read 2392 times)
K1PW

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2003, 11:22:24 AM »

Hey experts out there ... I can't get transmit audio from my Rascal interface through the ACC2 jack on the back panel of my Kenwood TS570 ... I have played with the AF input level control menu but no good. Scope says audio is getting through the Rascal. I have made a second patch cord from 13-pin DIN directly to 1/8 jack fed by another audio source and still nothing. Must be operator error ... what am i doing wrong?

73's
K1PW
Rob
Arlington VA
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 08:08:13 PM »

Not sure about the 570, with the TS-2000, you go into the menu and set up the Rascal as if it were a TNC, there are three or four things that have to be enabled for external devices to work.
K1PW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 03:45:01 PM »

Thanks for reply ... although I'm now wondering whether TS-570 external audio input is disabled if you don't key the transmitter through the same rear-panel accessory jack.  I have been trying to use VOX or front panel keying rather than keying through the interface (the Rascal is RS232, my laptop is firewire).  Maybe the answer is to connect a firewire connector instead of the RS232 connector and key the xmtr through ACC2 connector.

I have been able to receive ... monitoring PSK31 the other nite on 20m was a wonder.  Many stations all  active on the same frequency using differently pitched data streams, and software running on a sound card to provide a spectrum analyzer and frequency matcher.  Whoever thought this stuff up is a genius!

-Rob K1PW
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »

Yes go the ACC jack route, VOX is tricky to deal with and easy to overdrive the transmit audio and cause bad IMD. Soundcard set up: http://www.waypoint.com/users/~discobay/section_7.
PSK31 information: http://aintel.bi.ehu.es/psk31.html
K1PW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 06:13:52 AM »

Thanks Jerry K0HZI for referring me to http://aintel.bi.ehu.es/psk31.html
there is a wealth of info there on PSK31!

Anyone else encountering this problem be advised: to use the audio from ACC2 jack on back of Kenwood TS570 it appears you must also key the transmitter via the same ACC2 jack; and if your computer does not have RS232 you will need to purchase a USB to Serial converter (under $30).

-Rob K1PW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: