The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rigblaster Plus and RF on 20 meters  (Read 2077 times)
GLENHOU

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

I have just bought a RigBlaster Plus and wired it up to my IC-718. Now without the rigblaster I have an SWR on my attic dipole of 1:1 when I key the mike or send digital on 20 Meters or 30 meters I get SWR off the chart and RF noise on the computer speakers etc. My radio is grounded to a earth ground my computer is ground to the house ground though a APC surge protected unit.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

Glen Houghton
KG4SEV
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 08:14:28 PM »

Glen,  How much power are you putting out on PSK?  20 watts is the highest I have run and have over 1400 PSK contacts including DX.  The grounds you made sound good for Safety ground but not "RF" ground.  Also ground loops may be the cause. Many posts on the Elmer forum about grounds, might do a search and view the posts. Lower output power by the volume slider on the sound card mixer application to the transmit audio input rather than reduce "RF" drive.  See this web site: http://www.waypoint.com/users/~discobay/section_7.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: