The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK31 software/sound card problem  (Read 2327 times)
K7KCS

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2003, 02:12:31 PM »

Hello,

I am using Digipan and it has been working on my PC/756 OK before.  I recently had to format my hardrive and consequently had to reload Digipan (ver 1.6). My soundcard is SB Live and PC is a fast 1 Ghz, OP system is Windows ME.

The waterfall display is no longer blue with yellow traces where the signals are.  It now has solid reddish maroon bands running horizontal and between the bands are little pieces of the normal display.  I thought I was over driving the sound card so I unplugged the cables from the radio and it had no effec other than the little pieces of the signals going away.  (no microphone is plugged into the card either)

I thought I must of set the program up wrong but there aren't that many choices and I think I tried them all.  Anybody have a clue what my problem might be?

73's  Tracy K7KCS   (k7kcs@arrl.net)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 04:43:15 AM »

I can only guess, but ME would is at the top of my list of suspects. Its extraordinarily buggy.

Dave, AA6YQ

#1 DXCC Honor Roll, DXCC Challenge 3000
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 05:18:25 PM »

I would completely UNINSTALL the Digipan program and start over. Look in the place that allows you to personalize the appearance and make sure the looks are the same as what you want. You could also try another PSK31 program and see if does the same thing when you tune a signal in.  Good luck.
Frank
KL7IPV
K7KCS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 02:12:47 PM »

Wierd . . .might be a combo of Digipan and ME

I opened the Help box to read up and as I did I noticed that the red banding went away. I played around with the box and found that I could make it (the help box/window) real small and if I placed it over the "TX" button at the bottom of the screen the banding went away, if I moved it off the box it reappeared.  So it seems to be some kind of wierd video thing.

73's  Tracy K7KCS
KQ6IK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 12:25:48 PM »

Make sure you have digipans input device set correctly to Line In or Mic depending on which one you plugged your radio into. If you are using the Mic Input make sure you don't have the Mic Boost set on. You can check that by opening the soundcard volume controls and clicking the advanced button. You should see a box there with a Microphone Boost next to it. Make sure that is unchecked.

- Seth
FRANKM12

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 03:02:19 AM »

K7KCS,

Try erasing all elements of the Digipan program.  Go into Regedit and erase any evidence of Digipan in there.  Run scandisk and Defrag the drive and then re-load the software again.  ME, as another person said, is buggy.  I'm still using 98.

Also you mentioned some weird effects on the CRT.  Check your Monitor adjustments and make sure they are what Digipan requires.  Try setting your refresh rate to Optimum.  Good luck.
frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: