The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 746 Pro + Donner's Digital Interface + Dell  (Read 1807 times)
N3WJ

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2004, 02:50:06 PM »

After 35 + years as a ham I am new to these newer digital modes and sound card interfaces.  I recently bought a 746 Pro and a Donner's Digital interface based on the excellent reviews found here.  I have a brand new Dell computer and downloaded HamScope.  Some probably basic questions:

1. Does the plug from the interface go into ACC 1 or 2 on the back of the radio?

2. The line-out plug on the sound card I have is the same one used for the amplified speakers/subwoofer.  If I plug the black plug from the interface in here, I assume I disable my speakers totally.  What can I do to use both at the same time?  Do I need to have the speakers on the computer working?

3.  I have a bizarre situation with the serial port.  One time it just keyed the rig non stop.  The next time, after rebooting the computer, it just made the mouse and the computer act very slowly.  Could this be because of the old version Palm PDA I connected to the serial port, locking out the port somehow? Any fixes?

Sorry about the long post.  I would really like to try out these new digital modes and would appreciate any advice.

Warren
N3WJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: