The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokyo Hy-Power Bankruptcy  (Read 57844 times)
W6UV

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

It appears that Tokyo Hy-Power has declared bankruptcy and are no longer answering their phones.

http://www.hamlife.jp/2013/12/24/tokyo-hy-power/

KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »

Obviously.  The third paragraph says it all.  Smiley

KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA Relocated to Ks. April 2019.
N6PJB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 12:35:46 PM »

Thats all Greek to me. Hi Hi Grin
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »

I put it through google translation and got this:

Corporate bankruptcy information site for the electric and electronics industry are you breaking the bankruptcy of the Tokyo High Power "clear leaf Institute". Bankruptcy as breaking, I posted the name of Tokyo high-power, Saitama Prefecture Niiza in the evening December 24.
Further, according to information from the wireless dealer multiple sources, by any response eliminates the phone from Friday, December 20, response and are gone also send mail or facsimile, the company whose movements was feared.

According to the Web site of the Tokyo High Power, the company founded in Saitama Prefecture Niiza individual companies as "Tokyo High Power Research Institute" in January 1975. The renamed "Tokyo high power" in November 1977. Capital thing with 850 million yen annual sales (4,800 ten thousand yen authorized capital) 12 million yen, and 2007.

I have serious doubts about this considering that they just launched a new high end amplifier and their sales have been going up.  I also seem to remember them closing for a week during the Christmas period so this may or may not be a hoax.  If it's true we have no idea what Bankruptcy in Japan means, it could be like the USA and they are just looking for temporary relief from creditors.  If it's the worst case scenario the used market prices for these amps is going to go through the roof. Nobody makes a better solid state amp and they are totally user serviceable!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:49:11 PM by KD8MJR » Logged

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »

I am getting a sinking feeling about this  Cry
I just went to the USA website and I don't see Tom Rums cell number listed anymore  Huh

If anybody has his number please give him a call, even on Christmas I think Tom would want to know, so he can come on the forum right away.  Assuming this is indeed a Hoax.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »

Found this on QRZ forums.

"It seems upon further research to be traced back to a single Japanese Ham on a blog post. There are no official listings in Japan bankruptcy postings of a company name Tokyo Hy Power."

A very Confusing situation  Huh

K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 07:51:41 PM »

Checked out HRO website...all current amplifiers are no longer listed, just accessories. THP website states that, per HRO, if a model is not listed, it's no longer available. Doesn't sound good. If it's true, what a shame. I've had my HL-1.5kfx for 7 years with nary a hiccup. They make (made?) great amps.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 10:16:24 PM »

Checked out HRO website...all current amplifiers are no longer listed, just accessories. THP website states that, per HRO, if a model is not listed, it's no longer available. Doesn't sound good. If it's true, what a shame. I've had my HL-1.5kfx for 7 years with nary a hiccup. They make (made?) great amps.

Yes the newer amplifiers 1.5 and 2500 are no longer listed.  However the 550, 1.2, and 2.5 are still listed.  I'm hoping for the best.  I'm a THP fan.

Jonathan W6GX
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 12:47:26 AM »

If THP is really gone it's one giant leap backwards for modernization of ham radio amplifiers!
Nobody makes an SS amp that can fill the shoes of THP.  As for me, as the old saying goes they will be prying my amp out of my cold dead hands! This is one piece of gear that I will never part with.

N2SLO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 05:15:14 AM »

If THP is really gone it's one giant leap backwards for modernization of ham radio amplifiers!
Nobody makes an SS amp that can fill the shoes of THP.  As for me, as the old saying goes they will be prying my amp out of my cold dead hands! This is one piece of gear that I will never part with.
 Shocked

This is not good news. I was about to finally buy the 550 after waiting two years. I now will go after the KPA500. I really like my 206V on 6M. Never an issue, works great. Should be interesting to see what happens. They have been in business many years, quality products.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:19:48 AM by N2SLO » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »

While it has been mentioned that "these amps are serviceable," do they have any proprietary parts?

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 08:14:58 AM »

JA1BPA on QRZ says it looks like liquidation

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?418159-Tokyo-Hy-Power-Files-for-bankruptcy
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 08:26:21 AM »

There is always the possibility another (major) manufacturer will purchase the designs and continue the line.

KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA Relocated to Ks. April 2019.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 09:15:37 AM »

While it has been mentioned that "these amps are serviceable," do they have any proprietary parts?

None that I have seen in the two models that I have looked at.
I think it's safe to assume that THP was never big enough to go out and make custom IC's etc.
The only people who I feel worried for are the new 2500fx owners.  That model is so new and now they have no real warranty, although I am sure HRO will honor it and maybe refund the purchase price if they can't get it fixed.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »

There is always the possibility another (major) manufacturer will purchase the designs and continue the line.

This would be the time for the Big 3 to step in and finally have a good modern amplifier line to go with their radios.  Number one on that list is kenwood!
All these THP amps are already FCC certified, they would be crazy to let this opportunity pass.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: