The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AC5UP ?  (Read 17485 times)
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 05:18:57 PM »

comfy in the cold, nasty in the heat.  and you're going to look silly pouring kerosene in your pocket.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 11:44:06 PM »

there's also technical problems with lubrication affecting the exhaust steam and so fouling the heating surfaces.

On a more serious note, there have been proposals for powering medical implants from tiny turbo-generators inserted in an artery.......while instantaneous blood pressure is measured with a passive system around 35 MHz.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 06:36:28 AM »

On a more serious note, there have been proposals for powering medical implants from tiny turbo-generators inserted in an artery.......while instantaneous blood pressure is measured with a passive system around 35 MHz.

Peter:

I guess the next thing is wind turbines implanted in the arse!   Roll Eyes

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:45 AM »

I suspect serious bearing problems from corrosion would make them useless in a short time.

perpetual motion, aka conservation of energy: methane gas stove attached to a derriere line, cooking beans.

thank you, thank you all, I'll be here for 5 to life.  tip your server, not the cows, they're too heavy....
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: