The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-Tec Amp repair in NE USA and south along I95  (Read 6133 times)
K3MA

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:25 PM »

I live in EPA and have a Ten-Tec Titan 425 amp. I want to get it looked over, cleaned up and all components that degrade with age replaced. It is about a 1990 vintage and has performed well over these many years. Before shipping it back to Ten-Tec to have the work done I thought I would check to see if there is anyone qualified to do this kind of work in the north east USA. NY, PA, MD, DC, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH as I would feel much better delivering and picking it up rather than using UPS or Fedex. I might even be driving down to FL in the near future for a couple of weeks so someone that is a reasonable distance from I95 in VA, NC, SC, GA and FL might also be a possibility. Feel free to post or pm me here with any recommendation and contact information.

73, John NQ2T
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »

Lou W1QJ is near Danbury, CT and is as good as they get.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:10:17 AM »

Thanks Bryan, I will be at Sussex hamfest coming up soon.   I will be staying with my cousin 30 miles East of Scranton off 84.  You can drop the amp off there if you want.  I have 2 of these amps myself.  I'd be glad to look it over.  Could probably use some new power supply filter caps.  Lou
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »

Yes I replaced the caps, diodes and balancing resistors in my Tentec Titan a little while ago. It has been a joy to operate since then.

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,89867.0.html

Mark N1UK

KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 04:19:10 PM »

W1QJ would be your bet hope. I HAD a Titan 425 and it needed a bandswitch and that was $750.00, performed by Ten Tec. Mostly labor as everything is buried deep below the final tank components. Nasty design. Got rid of it and bought something serviceable........an AL1500.
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: