The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap 10 meter amp  (Read 78532 times)
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2014, 11:48:55 AM »

Last post he said it was time for drag racing season and time to look around for some additional work.
Drag strips around here (Pacific NW) have been open for months.
One of these daze, I'd like to get my racer back together & on the 'strip (sigh).

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC
NHRA ET6201
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »

You people do know that he's probably posting back on some CB forum of how he has made baffones of the Ham community with a crazy story about using TV's to make 500 watt SS Amps and that he got over 7000 views 8 pages and several dozen replies.   With this thread he certainly does not have to lie about certain things to make Hams look like idiots, he just has to omit or twist what the content of the replies are. I am pretty sure one of them he's twisting around and saying is "Yes and they are even asking for pictures of the Amp  Grin Stupid Hams!".

I am really shocked that the moderators did not lock down this thread from page one but I guess blatantly inaccurate information is not censored. (It should be)

And please no one reply to my post, this guy is thriving on the amount of views and the replies.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »

Hello.

Dude! you nailed it!
And the funny part is,,, I even named the website!
http://www.cbtricks.com/
You really can take a SVGA monitor, rip out the module of a large screen TV, and use it on 11 meters, that part is 100% correct.
BUT, this is an SVGA monitor, NOT a common TV.
I really do operate on 11 meters with a legit radio and 10 meters with a whatever.
If in San  Antonio you will find me on 28.385 MHz
You people have no idea of how much entertainment value you are!
You guys need schematics?
How hard can it be to connect a class C amplifier, and it already has its own power supply?!
Let me see, find the input, connect a 50 ohm non inductive resistor from input to ground and whatever level of drive planned series from SO-239 center pin to input?
Output, this is nothing more than a pi network to 50 ohms out.
Dude, I was doing this when I was 12 years old with salvaged B&W TV parts!
You have made the WEEK at Trader's Village!
Even people who have no real interest are enjoying this.
I push Amateur Radio, and try to get the scufflaws to behave.
But, if you call around to the local clubs, they will tell you.
1, I am nuts.
2, I have by far one of the cleanest signals around.
3, I really do breath fire, dance with machetes, and play scratch golf.
So, you see, this is summer, kids are out and about, and we are having fun.
Why pay to dunk the clown with the ball when we have hams to mess with?
We are ALL Spanish speakers, so we get abuse from the ham community, and do fight back!
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »

Dude! you nailed it!
 so we get abuse from the ham community, and do fight back!

Just like the rest of the San Antonio trash you hang with over there. Tubby and all the rest of you drug abusing ignorant scum who have done nothing but cause trouble since y'all cheated your way to a ham license.
All of you are garbage and always will be.

You and the rest do nothing but cause trouble no matter where you show up. The people in this forum may not know the story but a lot of the rest of us do.

Those of us who are familiar with your crap are wise to the antics you've pulled since your CB days. None of you have changed a bit.
You bring your slime to a new venue but it always ends up the same. You try to troll your way into ruining the enjoyment of normal people and don't quit until you've made it unbearable for decent people. Then you move your troll activities to the next victims.

You and your ilk are sociopaths not unlike Jeffery Dahmer.

I've witnessed it more times than I can count over the last ten plus years, first on the radio and then on the internet.

Anyone who doubts what I'm saying, just read these threads. There's plenty more where this comes from.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/san-antonio-tx/TROI8JS3O4D9M08EG

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?134119-Pledge-of-Allegiance/page9

Don N4TTS
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »

Hello.

We are fully aware of all of that.
But, first off, none of that bunch speaks Spanish.
And, actually, I got more into amateur radio first, CB later.
There have been arrests, threats, the whole bit.
This does not change the fact that it is possible to remove the sweep driver module from a large screen CRT monitor (SVGA or above) and produce a 10 meter amplifier.
And yes, we play on CB, but run legal power, and I push getting licensed.
And yes, I and the rest of the bunch here are laughing.
You are going to tell me that you need a schematic to connect an amplifier?
Lets leave it at that.
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2014, 09:42:13 PM »

We are fully aware of all of that.

See, I told you.

Don N4TTS
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:49:43 PM by N4TTS » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »

It's pretty hard to cause trouble if you simply ignore him.  As long as he gets answers and even "views," he continues to make an ass out of us.

Use the "Ignore" option..... It's great!!

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2014, 04:40:33 AM »

Hello.

We went from taking an old CRT monitor to amplifier conversion, there is no question that it indeed works, to you guys making an ass of yourselves.
We, the collective group here, run 100% legal, we have to.
Think about this for a minute, I do my thing at a flea market, thousands of visitors daily.
Hams come by, act stupid, make comments about CB to the FCC, and the FCC looks.
The FCC is impressed by the auto switcher that selects a CB or 10 meter radio on transmit and the correct loading coil, mutes the other radios line, than on receive isolates the 2 receivers.
The Amateur Radio classes and crystal radio classes were the finishing touch.
So, who is making an ass of who?
You guys are making an ass of yourselves.
Ever watch Governor Rick Perry when he does the outdoor announcements?
I am the guy on the horse with the Texas flag.
I did the same thing with GW Bush.
I have 2 radios in my private vehicle.
300 to 550 kHz and 1 to 32 MHz and 30 to 512 MHz and 600 to 999 MHz, 2 radios, and both are portable, one is a large talkie.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2014, 04:49:45 AM »

Yep ignore makes things much quieter here!

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:37 AM »

Use the "Ignore" option..... It's great!!

You're right. It's the easiest and best way. Done.

Don N4TTS
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »

Hello.

The CB gods are pleased!
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »

Dude! you nailed it!
 so we get abuse from the ham community, and do fight back!

Just like the rest of the San Antonio trash you hang with over there. Tubby and all the rest of you drug abusing ignorant scum who have done nothing but cause trouble since y'all cheated your way to a ham license.
All of you are garbage and always will be.

You and the rest do nothing but cause trouble no matter where you show up. The people in this forum may not know the story but a lot of the rest of us do.

Those of us who are familiar with your crap are wise to the antics you've pulled since your CB days. None of you have changed a bit.
You bring your slime to a new venue but it always ends up the same. You try to troll your way into ruining the enjoyment of normal people and don't quit until you've made it unbearable for decent people. Then you move your troll activities to the next victims.

You and your ilk are sociopaths not unlike Jeffery Dahmer.

I've witnessed it more times than I can count over the last ten plus years, first on the radio and then on the internet.

Anyone who doubts what I'm saying, just read these threads. There's plenty more where this comes from.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/san-antonio-tx/TROI8JS3O4D9M08EG

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?134119-Pledge-of-Allegiance/page9

Don N4TTS

Hello.

To make this clear.
Tommy, tubby and the rest are not accepted in the Amateur Radio community or the CB community.
I do OK in the Amateur Radio community, but that is a bunch of aging white guys.
Where I fit in is the Latino community first.
That part of CB radio I fit in speaks mostly Spanish.
The big barrier to an Amateur Radio license is not technical knowledge but the lack of English.
I do not have any problems with my peers.
If you are the average ham, a white male, you are not my peer.
If you have been on google or watching any news, the world cup was all about soccer.
I do not like American woman, and that pretty much ends it right there.
But, be that as it may, the "Mexicans" are super careful about following the rules, they have to.
Unlike a bunch of American idiots, they have this Green Card mentality.
They can be 3rd and 4th generation US citizen, but the police, authority, etc, scares them.
Morons with yellow vests are to be avoided at all costs!
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2014, 08:35:45 AM »

And he is a flaming bigot to boot.  On ignore.
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »

Hello.

First off, bigot, no, just avoid the problems.
And, second schematics.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2014-title21-vol8/xml/CFR-2014-title21-vol8-sec1020-10.xml
Federal law requires that CRT equipped sets over 32" have a sealed HV section that ensures servicing only by a qualified tech.
Schematics of the HV sections of such sets are not available as for the life of the CRT they are under warranty.
The CRT and HV section are one riveted together unit.
The reason that a 3rd party produces the HV section is that the units produced for the US market had CRT units produced in the US.
Out of the 500 pounds of the set, over 400 of it was the CRT.
But, that should not be an issue.
In tube type sets, did the hams ask for schematics of the TV to understand the sweep tubes?
Of course not!
First off, the internet was not around then, so looking that up would have been harder.
I use "Practical TV servicing" as my guide.
I pretty much just follow the signal.
When I find a large silver box attached to a CRT with one thick wire going to the CRT proper, it is safe to assume that is the HV section.
When the deflection coils go to this silver box it is safe to assume that this is the entire sweep circuit.
As taking the entire set home was not only not practical but really not possible, I took what I felt were desirable parts off.
I do not need schematics for things like AC input, that is just a question of taking notes.
Audio amplifiers are real easy to figure out.
The rest is just careful observation.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2014, 04:04:33 AM »

Its funny to see how many PIU posts I don't see. Can only imagine what stupidity is coming with his posts. But he is the expert at everything. Just ask him, he will tell you many magical things, but never answer the question. Then he will baffle you with BS till you forget the question.

I thought the thread was legitimate, but the baffling process started shortly after. Don't be suckered in. Just ignore him and let his threads die. It feeds his ego each time someone responds to him. More the pity that he has to come here and preach BS to stir the pot to feel good about himself. What a pathetic life he must have. To need to make fools out of people who could be interested. To repeat his BS 500 times to try to make it look true.

I have him on ignore, but based on the other replies, his BS keeps on going. Because he feels so good when people respond to him. Which in its own way makes us the idiots for feeding his ego.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: