The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Greece SV Sked  (Read 5931 times)
K5TEN

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »

Hi!

Looking for a Greece station for a SSB contact or sked who accepts US Greenstamps ($2, and SAE) after the contact.

Nothing more.   Thank you and God Bless.

K5TEN
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »

Greece is fairly common. You can send an email to SV2GWY-Demetreos and see if he can do a Sked.  Mike- SV9CVY is regularly active around 0300 UTC on 20 meters SSB from Crete.

Now Mt. Athos is a whole different story......
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »

Here are a few SV spots from the last 24 hours:

AA9RN          18137.0 SV3AQR                                          0454 06 Jun   Greece
W2SFD          14275.0 SV0GU                                           0042 06 Jun   Greece
VE7SNC         18160.0 SV3AQR                                          2339 05 Jun   Greece
KK8MM          18160.0 SV3AQR                                          2317 05 Jun   Greece
AB1A           18160.0 SV3AQR                                          2310 05 Jun   Greece
KT8Y-@         18069.0 SV3/SV1NN                                       2309 05 Jun   Greece
XE3DX          14084.3 SV1PMR                                          2248 05 Jun   Greece
PY2KC          14021.4 SV5/SM8C                                        2202 05 Jun   Dodecanese

Here's a link to the spot search function in DX Summit:

http://www.dxsummit.fi/Search.aspx

Like Paul said...shouldn't be too difficult.

Gl es gud dx de harry, W6DXO   
K5TEN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

Mt Athos was a ghost-town when I first started out 30 years ago.  I hear it's possible again, yet I would be overjoyed with a simple SV contact/paper QSL by either bureau or for simple sirect + $2 US response.  In 35 years I am still searching.

I am simply looking for a sked with a Greek station for paper QSL.  I have contacted one SV station and now find out to get a QSL I need more.  Except for Albania, Vactican City, Mt Athos, and regular Greece I have all of EU worked and confirmed.   I'd be happy just to work and confirm Greece, proper.    

Thank you for the tips and I appreciate them and will keep looking.

God Bless!

K5TEN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 11:48:42 PM »

One of those is on my worked list, however in my area EUROS are far more costly than worth.

I really have no way to reply to the requirement than makes monitary sense to persue.  Most DX folks take greenstamps.  That guy doesn't.  I do my absolute best to abide by the guy/YL on the other end's request, it seems only right to abide by their simple requests. 

It's probably far more sensible to work a new SV contact that does accept US$ for reply (+SAE)

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 02:43:43 AM »

Wait a minute....you can't do that!....You can't just merely set up a schedule with DX and think it will count as a good qso.......I mean that goes against the rules.....and the REAL DXer's protocol......and is NOT a true qso.......why, if you do that, your qsl card is the equivalent of being toilet paper........C'mon man....get with it....the rules state, no skeduluing....you must suffer through pileups and mayhem in order for your qso to be any good....didn't you know that?Huh......I'll tell ya, these newbies....wanting something for nothing, without effort...without blood sweat and tears.....what is the world coming too???....... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

NOTE to our thread starting friend...the above comment is tongue and cheek humor.....Whenever I see a thread like this started, I can't resist the opportunity to mock (in a friendly way) our DXing friends on here who bothered by some operating methods people use to achieve their DX goals, like setting up a schedule......so don't take it the wrong way....It's just me being a smart ass and having fun...... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink........

V
K3NRX

M0TTB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 03:52:09 AM »

SV3GLL's 25khz wide signal should be hard to miss.

Andy
London'ish

Keeping order on
www.birdforum.net
www.shipsnostalgia.com
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 04:00:09 AM »

Also, forgot to mention....judging from your list of needed EU entities, I am under the impression you worked the Dodecanese SV5 Islands before working actual Greece?.....if so, that's impressive.....I am also under the impression from your 4 neededs that you already have Monaco in the book?.....Oh man!..... Shocked....I am jealous...... Wink Grin.....

V
K3NRX

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:05 AM »

Wait a minute....you can't do that!....You can't just merely set up a schedule with DX and think it will count as a good qso.......I mean that goes against the rules.....and the REAL DXer's protocol......and is NOT a true qso.......why, if you do that, your qsl card is the equivalent of being toilet paper........C'mon man....get with it....the rules state, no skeduluing....you must suffer through pileups and mayhem in order for your qso to be any good....didn't you know that?Huh......I'll tell ya, these newbies....wanting something for nothing, without effort...without blood sweat and tears.....what is the world coming too???....... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

NOTE to our thread starting friend...the above comment is tongue and cheek humor..as i realize you have been at it 35 years.....it's just that whenever I see a thread like this started, I can't resist the opportunity to mock (in a friendly way) our DXing friends on here who bothered by some operating methods people use to achieve their DX goals, like setting up a schedule......so don't take it the wrong way....It's just me being a smart ass and having fun...... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink........

V
K3NRX

KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »

Get on during the IARU Championship (2nd or third weekend in Julky)
There is sure to be a Greek station on phone.

Greece is a chip shot from the USA.

Mt Athos, well that has proven to be more difficult.

Contest stations are pretty good at sending cards.
K5TEN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »

Also, forgot to mention....judging from your list of needed EU entities, I am under the impression you worked the Dodecanese SV5 Islands before working actual Greece?.....if so, that's impressive.....I am also under the impression from your 4 neededs that you already have Monaco in the book?.....Oh man!..... Shocked....I am jealous...... Wink Grin.....

V
K3NRX

I have no greece stations confirmed.  That's why I am still looking.

I forgot to add Monoco to the listbut DO have 4U (ITU HQ) card in hand.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »

There is a Greek station J48TSL
spotted on 21.260 right now.

I did not listen to see if I could hear him.

Yes,
I can hear him in Pennsylvania

6-13-14    2332z hrs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: