The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2m/440 install in 2014 Camry  (Read 31356 times)
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:34 AM »

For mounting the head, look at the Brodit Proclip mounts for a solution. Whilst meant for the Brodit mobile phone holders, they're very sturdy mounts custom designed for each vehicle that do not require any screws/holes drilling. I use one on my Ford Mondeo to hold a Kenwood TS480 head which is the heaviest there is. You would just screw the remote head bracket to the Brodit mount.

Here's the two they have for the 2014 Camry.

Brodit Part No: 854715

Brodit Part No: 804716
KD5PCK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 07:34:25 AM »

Thanks for the info. on the Brodit mounts. I'm not  a fan of the a/c vent mounts. It's hot as hell here in Louisiana and I like as much cool air blowing on me as I can. That second mount looks interesting though. Going to take a look at it now.
I've used Pro-Fit mounts in my old truck but they don't seem to have any for the 2014 Camry yet. Here's the link for the Pro-Fit if anyone is interested. 
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/
N7GCO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »

I have both the short and long versions of the Larsen 2/70 antennas. The short version does not touch anything with the truck lid up. The long version barely brushes the cab top. If you let it up slowly, it is fine.  Really like the antennas and the location. I got a local shop that install police and fire vehicles, to install mine. Cost $25.

If you want to use more than one radio, run a very heavy cable (#4 or $6) from the battery to a distribution block (I like the ones from West Mountain), then all your radios from that.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: