The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 706 MKIIG Data jack AF out  (Read 2449 times)
WB5OVQ

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:26:18 AM »

The ICOM manual shows pin 5 of the data socket (6pin minidin) to be AF out. Also the AF out should be on Pin 3 of the MIC jack. I have no AF out on either pin. Has anyone been down this road? I can't imagine why both pins are not showing any AF out. I am trying to get audio to a TNC (SignalLink, by Tigertronics) to no avail. Please help. Thanks, WB5OVQ.
KF4VKD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 04:57:11 AM »

I don't know for sure on the 706 but the other ICOM Transcievers I have delt with the output on the data jack and the audio is only 200 Mv that may be it if you try and drive some things there is not enough drive
to hear it there try the headphone jack that is what I had to do on the SigLink.

Bill KF4VKD
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:25:33 AM »

The output on the data jack is very low level (200mV) and fixed (not adjusted by the volume control). Its also 10K impedance as I recall. If you put an 8-ohm load across it the output will drop much lower.

Bob  AA4PB
Garrisonville, VA
WB5OVQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:38:03 AM »

A great big thank you to KF4VKD and AA4PB. I hooked it up to the TNC and it works great. Technology is amazing, but hams are even more amazing. I really appreciate your help.
Thanks again, John, WB5OVQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: