The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amplifier Price Wars  (Read 73908 times)
WE1X

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »

THP's medical device division took a severe down turn right after the tsunami and Fukishima disaster. Overall market confidence, institutions refraining from making major purchases, etc. directly impacted THP's core business. The company's failure had little to do with product quality, division margins or profitability.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »

THP's medical device division took a severe down turn right after the tsunami and Fukishima disaster. Overall market confidence, institutions refraining from making major purchases, etc. directly impacted THP's core business. The company's failure had little to do with product quality, division margins or profitability.

That was what I was saying when other people jumped in and said it was an asinine statement.

BTW I will say this, I was told another major event happened in the THP saga just a month ago.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KW4CQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »

A completely asinine and unfounded statement.  All three of the above sentences.  

This info came directly from a person who was involved.  If your going to make statements like that you should at least be able to prove why you know I am wrong.  And BTW my friend that's just the tip of the iceburg with what transpired in the months after THP closed.

And just to prove how little you know without revealing any of my sources. You say all three statements are asinine.  Lets examine Number 3:   

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2002-06-02/business-suicides-japans-death-trap

Oh, do tell us more dear blogger.  Don't keep us in suspense.  BTW, that unsigned piece of media hype in Businessweek you referred us to and  which you swallowed hook, line and sinker is 12 years old and contains so many distortions of fact that it makes me want to cry.   Cry  Gokegan yo, sayonara.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »

And you think things have gotten better in Japan since the Tsunami?

http://www.tokyotimes.com/suicide-in-japan-exceeds-30000-for-14th-year/

You evidently don't understand the culture in Japan.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KW4CQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 04:16:32 AM »

I lived in Japan twelve years and go back every other year.  I worked there for a major Japanese electronics manufacturing firm and I raised a family there and speak the language.  What are your qualifications to be such an expert on Japan's culture?

Side note to Paul, N6PSE:  This my last post in response to this twit.  You run into a lot of VK7KFM wannabe's on the air and on forums these days.  Sorry to see your original subject get hijacked.  My fault I suppose.   Hope to see you at the Visalia  convention next year.  73, Bob KW4CQ.
KW4CQ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:04 AM »

Sorry, typo:  I meant to say VE7KFM.  Not VK7KFM.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »

I lived in Japan twelve years and go back every other year.  I worked there for a major Japanese electronics manufacturing firm and I raised a family there and speak the language.  What are your qualifications to be such an expert on Japan's culture?

Wow all that time over there and you don't know about the high suicide rates?
Especially the ones related to businesses, work and failure.  Jeez talk about being a Twit.

As for my Qualifications, as in typical Ham Radio Custom when arguing I will give your kind of answer.

I lived there for 35 Years, I married a Japanese woman and we raised our 3 kids over there.  I teach Japanese at a local university when I am in the USA and I try to go back to Japan every 6 months to visit Shinzo the prime minister and discuss politics and the future relationships between our countries.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:42:42 AM by KD8MJR » Logged

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »

Jeez talk about being a Twit.

Yes indeed you (MJR) are one to call someone one.  My XYL is half Japanese and she does not share your views nor does another 100% Japanese friend of mine I have known for 25 years. In you own small world you are kinda blind outside your fish bowl about this and a lot of other things. Its not old Japan anymore, there is a new school. 

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
KM4AH

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 01:45:47 PM »

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2014/08/05/suicide-is-sometimes-means-of-atonement-in-japan/
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »

Thank you KM4AH.
The web is litered with Japanese business people who have commited suicide, but your pointing out a recent event of a well known person is priceless.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 02:38:21 PM »

Jeez talk about being a Twit.

Yes indeed you (MJR) are one to call someone one.  My XYL is half Japanese and she does not share your views nor does another 100% Japanese friend of mine I have known for 25 years. In you own small world you are kinda blind outside your fish bowl about this and a lot of other things. Its not old Japan anymore, there is a new school.  

This coming from the Man who thinks windows 8 is the best thing since sliced bread.
Have you come here to take shelter from the shellacking those guys are giving you in the computer section about your Windows 8 posts.

And BTW "new school"! You do know that Kids make up a big percentage of the suicides.  So it seems the tradition is just as popular in 2014.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:08:42 PM by KD8MJR » Logged

K9ZW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 06:57:51 PM »

If you order a 9500 RFC will ship straight away!  Station upgrade time?

Steve
K9ZW

W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »

It appears the promotional price of the 9500 is the new permanent price.

Jonathan W6GX
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 02:00:35 AM »

It appears the promotional price of the 9500 is the new permanent price.

Jonathan W6GX

Yea, also same for the new prices for the 8410 and 8406 - http://www.rfconcepts.com/PRODUCTS/New-Products, although I personally won't classify a 14% price reduction as 'drastically' - now the recent TenTec 'MegaSale' prices, especially for the Eagle, those are drastic reductions (~30%).

73, Rich, K3VAT
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »

I wonder if this is a Ten-Tec equipment sale or liquidation?
30% off on a Rig sounds like Liquidation, I just hope it's not the company being liquidated and hopefully just the current product line.  Maybe they plan on producing a new set of rigs for 2015 Undecided

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: