The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote software blanking watrerfall  (Read 1746 times)
WA8JNM

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

Hi,

I thought it would be fun to run PSK31 away from the shack by remoting into the shack computer.  But, the waterfall display goes "black" when the remote software accesses the shack host computer.  I've tried gotomypc and also a free remote software, and the result occurs with either software.  I assume the remote software is messing with the shack host computer internal soundcard somehow.  Here's my setup: Icom 756Pro2, Rigmaster Plug and Play USB interface, Toshiba laptop with an internal soundcard, and PSK31 Deluxe (with HRD Deluxe).  Everything works fine when I run PSK31 at the shack locally, but the shack computer running PSK Deluxe blacks out the waterfall (at the shack host computer) when the remote software logs in.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave
WA8JNM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »

Sorry...I mean that the interface is RigBLASTER USB Plug and Play.

Dave
WA7NCL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »

I have used gotomypc and digipan running under win98.  You might give digipan a try.

If I remember rightly, gotomypc has some options that allow you to set up what kind of color depth or screen resolution you have on your remote desktop. Maybe you need to play with those settings.

I also think I used IE 6 and IE5.5 for the browser.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: