The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sellers: What is with the Call Letters in Picture?  (Read 61826 times)
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »

photoshops are detectable, guys.  simple as loading the picture into photoshop and selecting the "layers" drop-down.  more than 1 layer, you have a fake.  probably should check it with the GIMP, too, just in case...

Most photo editors have a "merge layer" function. One can add many additional layers and then merge them all into a single layer and save the image.

Don N4TTS
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »

Why not include your license in the picture. It would be very difficult to Photoshop a digitally watermarked picture with your license in it. Mine is hanging on the wall in my shack. It would be very easy to include it in a picture of something I am selling.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »

Why not include your license in the picture. It would be very difficult to Photoshop a digitally watermarked picture with your license in it.

Now, why did I not think of including that in my list?  Great Idea.
Anything would be an improvement over scrawling your (or someone's Wink ) call sign on a piece of paper.

Stan K9IUQ
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »

Why not include your license in the picture. It would be very difficult to Photoshop a digitally watermarked picture with your license in it. Mine is hanging on the wall in my shack. It would be very easy to include it in a picture of something I am selling.
Too small to show...

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 05:58:47 AM »

Too small to show...

Ever hear of a zoom lens?

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 06:47:25 AM »

Too small to show...

Ever hear of a zoom lens?
Wow...  A zoom lens...  

Who would have thought of that--  what a cool concept, a lens that zooms in!  Wow, thanks again for suggesting that one!  

Now you can zoom in on the audio knob on the front panel of your rig with your license sitting next to it, so you can then see your call sign, which is printed about 1/8 of an inch tall...  Gee I wish I had thought of that zoom lens thing, you should file for a patent fast on that before someone steals your idea!!!  Smiley

Now back to reality...  I say again...  Too small!

Thanks,
Dave
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »

You apparently do not own an Ipad. It is quite easy to Zoom any picture. Think pinch and expand with 2 fingers.  I do it all the time on QRZ and QTH to see the tiniest detail on the pictures. It is actually amazing how well it works on an iPad. Also the zooming does not seem to degrade the picture.

Now That is Reality...  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 08:09:03 AM »

You apparently do not own an Ipad. It is quite easy to Zoom any picture. Think pinch and expand with 2 fingers.  I do it all the time on QRZ and QTH to see the tiniest detail on the pictures. It is actually amazing how well it works on an iPad. Also the zooming does not seem to degrade the picture.

Now That is Reality...  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
Yes...  There is yet another new and novel concept that should be patented quickly...  Pinch zooming with no image degradation-- good thought!...  This thread is just full of new ideas that need to be implemented in the industry ASAP to make new revolutionary changes in the way things work.  Someone needs to get in touch with Apple today with this new and novel process of lossless image zooming, there is big money to be made here! 

Lets see-- we are now suggesting that a license be placed next to a rig, and all users be forced to use zoom, using this new lossless image format reading device, to read a license call sign that is just too small in the first place in relation to the image of say an AL-82, as opposed to writing them on a card in large letters.  Yes, this is progress, perhaps Radio Shack is looking at this now!  Might help them recover from the impending total collapse of there business model. 

Again...  The print is too small in relation to the object being photographed, (in most cases, unless maybe if we are selling resistors, or SMD's),  for this to work...    I did like the idea of lossless zooming though, how---  quaint!

Thanks,
Dave
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 08:12:54 AM »

I did like the idea of lossless zooming though, how---  quaint!

Obviously you do not have an iPad....

Stan K9IUQ
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 08:20:55 AM »

I did like the idea of lossless zooming though, how---  quaint!

Obviously you do not have an iPad....

Stan K9IUQ
Yes...  You are right again...  Clearly the thing I have that looks like an iPad, says iPad on it, fits a case for an iPad, has a single button on the bottom in the center, is made by Apple, needs iTunes to work, takes an odd connector for data transfer, costs two or three times what it is actually worth, is not an iPad...  My error...  Smiley

Thanks,
Dave
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 08:46:18 AM »

takes an odd connector for data transfer

costs two or three times what it is actually worth

Yes...  You are right again...  

You make it easy to be right.

FWIW the iPad does not need Itunes to work, I have never hooked my iPad to iTunes even tho I do have iTunes on my PC. In fact I have never hooked my iPad to my PC via the USB cord. I do not use iTunes or the iTunes Store, I use Spotify for most of my music listening . I also use Amazon Music App (for iPad) which syncs all the music I have in iTunes on the PC to my iPad via the cloud. It really works slick. The Amazon App will sync ANY music you have on the PC whether it is in itunes or not. The only reason I have iTunes on my PC is I still own a ipod which my wife still likes to use.  

Streaming Data via a cord with a Tablet is obsolete, everyone I know uses WiFi. I assume you have heard of WiFi?  Cheesy Cheesy The cord is only needed for charging.

I do use the Apple Appstore. Not much different from Google Play for Android.

The iPad comes with a Lightning/USB connector  cord which will plug right in to any USB port. My Asus Android Tablet has a I don't know what connector cord that has a USB plug on the other end. So what is your point? USB is Odd??

I own both a high end Android 10" Tablet and an iPad. The Android cost $500 and my iPad was $550. If you can subtract that is a $50 difference,

However I CAN assure you that the iPad is worth 3 times more than an Android Tab.

Stan K9IUQ

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:47:15 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »

takes an odd connector for data transfer

costs two or three times what it is actually worth

Yes...  You are right again...  

You make it easy to be right.

FWIW the iPad does not need Itunes to work, I have never hooked my iPad to iTunes even tho I do have iTunes on my PC. In fact I have never hooked my iPad to my PC via the USB cord. I do not use iTunes or the iTunes Store, I use Spotify for most of my music listening . I also use Amazon Music App (for iPad) which syncs all the music I have in iTunes on the PC to my iPad via the cloud. It really works slick. The Amazon App will sync ANY music you have on the PC whether it is in itunes or not. The only reason I have iTunes on my PC is I still own a ipod which my wife still likes to use.  

Streaming Data via a cord with a Tablet is obsolete, everyone I know uses WiFi. I assume you have heard of WiFi?  Cheesy Cheesy The cord is only needed for charging.

I do use the Apple Appstore. Not much different from Google Play for Android.

The iPad comes with a Lightning/USB connector  cord which will plug right in to any USB port. My Asus Android Tablet has a I don't know what connector cord that has a USB plug on the other end. So what is your point? USB is Odd??

I own both a high end Android 10" Tablet and an iPad. The Android cost $500 and my iPad was $550. If you can subtract that is a $50 difference,

However I CAN assure you that the iPad is worth 3 times more than an Android Tab.

Stan K9IUQ

Yes Stan, by all means lets talk about something totally different than the original thread...  That way you don't have to further defend your original, statement about resolution, and zooming...  I have seen this many times before...  Shoot the topic away from a statement, so it is not discussed anymore...

Now to return you to reality...  You are still wrong, it does not look the same as you expand it... 

You can again have the last word...  Have fun, but your knowing that you are wrong, and your continuing on as if you were correct, is no longer fun to watch...  Just sad... Have fun and take the last word by all means... 

Thanks,
Dave
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »

Now to return you to reality... You are still wrong, it does not look the same as you expand it...  

You brought into the conversation the topic of zoom.

You said:
The print is too small in relation to the object being photographed,  

And I said:
the zooming does not seem to degrade the picture.

I NEVER said anything about lossless zooming. You brought that in and tried to say I said it. I did not. Read my above quote again. Where is the word lossless?

Like others here on eham you try to put your words into others posts. Many hams here only see what they WANT to see.

I just measured my (you do have one right?) ham license. It is 5"X7". That is bigger than a QSL card.  I just put the license in front of my Al-1500 and took a picture with my ipad. I then examined the in focus picture. I have no problem reading the whole license with out zooming. When zoomed I can see the watermark on the license paper and every spec of dust on the Amp.  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:58:09 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »

Now to return you to reality... You are still wrong, it does not look the same as you expand it...  

You brought into the conversation the topic of zoom.

You said:
The print is too small in relation to the object being photographed,  

And I said:
the zooming does not seem to degrade the picture.

I NEVER said anything about lossless zooming. You brought that in and tried to say I said it. I did not. Read my above quote again. Where is the word lossless?

Like others here on eham you try to put your words into others posts. Many hams here only see what they WANT to see.

I just measured my (you do have one right?) ham license. It is 5"X7". That is bigger than a QSL card.  I just put the license in front of my Al-1500 and took a picture with my ipad. I then examined the in focus picture. I have no problem reading the whole license with out zooming. When zoomed I can see the watermark on the license paper and every spec of dust on the Amp.  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
Yes Stan...  I and others are trying to control your mind, and put words in your mouth...  I promise, no more Jedi mind tricks...  These aren't the droids you are looking for Stan...  Move along...  Move along...   Welcome to my ignore file...

Thanks,
Dave
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »

Welcome to my ignore file...

Bye, I (We) won't miss you. 

If you give me a email address I was going to send you my Beautiful K9IUQ  Ham License on the Al-1500 picture.... I guess you do not want it now, it would prove you wrong.....

I was going to post it here but was not sure how to do it.

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:44:55 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: