The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sellers: What is with the Call Letters in Picture?  (Read 61856 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 11:16:36 AM »

Welcome to my ignore file...

Bye, I (We) won't miss you. 

If you give me a email address I was going to send you my Beautiful K9IUQ  Ham License on the Al-1500 picture.... I guess you do not want it now, it would prove you wrong.....

I was going to post it here but was not sure how to do it.

Stan K9IUQ

Stan,

If you email me the image I will post it for you. I will do it just to shut this "know it all" up.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »

If you email me the image I will post it for you. I will do it just to shut this "know it all" up.

Ok Guy, let us shut him up.  I forwarded the picture from my iPad to my Desktop to see what it would look like. My Desktop is 1920x1080 rez , which is lower rez than my iPad.

Guess what, it looks great even on the Desktop PC and is easily readable.
This picture is un-retouched and was taken with a non-zoomed handheld iPad Air.

You have email..  Cheesy Cheesy

And for those that wonder - this is a copy of my expired license. My valid license is framed and I did not want to disturb it or take a picture of a framed license.

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:42:30 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 06:59:21 PM »

What do you think Stan? Looks perfectly legible to me.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 04:35:32 AM »

Hams can make up their own opinion whether a Ham license can be legible in front of a radio. A picture is worth a thousands words....

Thanks for posting my picture Guy.

Stan K9IUQ

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 04:53:41 AM »

What do you think

Too small to show...

Now back to reality...  I say again...  Too small!

Again...  The print is too small in relation to the object being photographed,

Now to return you to reality...  You are still wrong, it does not look the same as you expand it...  

Welcome to my ignore file...

When a ham finally realizes that K9IUQ always tells the truth and they can not spin reality, they put me on ignore. It saves them from being humbled..

NK7Z - Let this be a lesson for you. One I learned many years ago. Do NOT ever post publicly unless you are absolutely sure of your position. If you can not prove it, do not post it.

Otherwise prepare to be proven wrong in front of your fellow Hams.

Now That is Reality...  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:03:48 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 07:43:54 AM »

And from NK7Z: [crickets chirping]!

John AE5X

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 08:40:20 AM »

Hams can make up their own opinion whether a Ham license can be legible in front of a radio. A picture is worth a thousands words....

Thanks for posting my picture Guy.

Stan K9IUQ

I bet you can even read it with the whole amplifier in the picture. But most important is the top part that is in larger print and includes the call sign.

Nice job Stan!

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:29 AM »

I bet you can even read it with the whole amplifier in the picture. But most important is the top part that is in larger print and includes the call sign.

Nice job Stan!

Remember I took this picture with my iPad and room lighting, not the best digital camera in the world. Just think how sharp that picture would have been if I had done it with my Real High $$ Digital Camera on a tripod with proper lighting..  Wink

Also the above picture looks better when viewed with the iPad and pinch zooming does not noticeably degrade the picture.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »

Yes...  How could I have been so wrong...  You are right, placing a huge gigantic license, with small fonted type on it, in front of the product you are trying to sell, shows it off so very well...  What was I thinking...

Hmm, I wonder what model amp this is...  I know it's an AL series amp by Ameritron, but for some reason something seems to be covering the the Amp name plate area... Oh... I see it's a huge gigantic license...  My error...  I do wonder which amp it is though.  Ameritron uses the same case and front panel for several of it's amps.  I think I'll write Ameritron and ask them to increase the size of the three inch by one and one quarter inch name plate, (you know-- the one the license is hiding),  they use on the AL series amps, so I can put a huge gigantic piece of paper with little tiny print on it with my call letters on it when I sell the amp, how stupid of Ameritron to not think of this!  

What! Again!  For some reason something seems to be covering up 2/3rds of the Grid Current meter face, what gives here?  I sure hope the seller is not covering up scratches!  What is it that's covering the meter?  Oh--  I see-- a huge gigantic license, silly me for not noticing it-- again!  

First note to self:  Be sure to include something about total amp height needing to be increased to accommodate the huge gigantic license I'll cover my product with at resale time, in my letter to Ameritron.

Wow-- talk about luck, this is my lucky day--  this must be one of those really rare 160/80/40 ONLY amps Ameritron made...  How lucky I am to be able to buy one of these rare beauties, I've even heard of them before...  I think!  Oh, wait a moment, it looks like I got skunked again!  There is something to the right of the 40 meter position on the band switch-- darn it!  I see now, silly me again, (this really is not my day), the entire right side of the amp seems to be missing from the photo!  Gee I wonder why the seller did not take a full photo of his product... OH!!!  I get it now, the seller needed to show the tiny little call sign on that huge gigantic license, sitting in front of the product he is trying to display, so he zoomed in to make the call sign larger so it would be legible.  

Second note to self:  Mention to fools at Ameritron that width needs to be increased as well...

Wait, all is not lost yet, there is still something special about this amp! Ameritron forgot to put the SSB/CW switch on it, I can still get a rare amp...  Oh drat...  I made another error, something seems to be covering the SSB/CW switch...  What could it be...  Wait for it...  Wait for it... A huge gigantic license with little tiny print on it is covering the SSB/CW switch.  I am sure glad the seller use his license to show his call sign so clearly!

Third note to self:  Patent idea on no SSB/CW switch, then suggest to Ameritron that they remove the SSB/CW switch from all amps they sell, that way the huge gigantic license with the little tiny print on it won't cover it...  

I am-- just humbled, at the marketing prowess and acumen shown here today.  I will probably cut this post out and keep it for a while, you know in case I get uppity again, I can re-read it and have you put me in my place...  

On a serious note:  Thank you for posting that photo, I enjoyed this more than you can imagine...  Oh yes:  Print is still too small to display your product, maybe more photos?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:47:17 AM by NK7Z » Logged

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »

so he zoomed in to make the call sign larger so it would be legible.  

maybe more photos?

If you were a "reasonable" person I would take another picture of my whole operating desk and show you how readable my License is. However you have shown yourself to be unreasonable. No amount of proof will ever change your false opinion.

My license is not gigantic, it was a standard issue FCC document. Also I was not trying to sell my AMP, only to show one and all (except you) that it is quite easy to take a readable picture of your license (instead of a Smaller QSL) in front of a radio. I knew this was possible as I iPad zoom the QSL cards in front of gear on QRZ all the time.They are all Very readable providing the picture is in focus. In fact some hams even put original boxes in the picture and I can easily (with the iPad) read the shipping labels.

Know when to hold them and know when to fold them is another thing you need to learn.

You are unnecessarily making yourself a fool here. Please stop. I am getting embarrassed for you and this was never my intention.

I know you are upset, take a deep breath and this time put me on ignore for real.

Stan K9IUQ
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »

so he zoomed in to make the call sign larger so it would be legible. 

maybe more photos?

If you were a "reasonable" person I would take another picture of my whole operating desk and show you how readable my License is. However you have shown yourself to be unreasonable. No amount of proof will ever change your false opinion.

My license is not gigantic, it was a standard issue FCC document. Also I was not trying to sell my AMP, only to show one and all (except you) that it is quite easy to take a readable picture of your license (instead of a Smaller QSL) in front of a radio. I knew this was possible as I iPad zoom the QSL cards in front of gear on QRZ all the time.They are all Very readable providing the picture is in focus. In fact some hams even put original boxes in the picture and I can easily (with the iPad) read the shipping labels.

Know when to hold them and know when to fold them is another thing you need to learn.

You are unnecessarily making yourself a fool here. Please stop. I am getting embarrassed for you and this was never my intention.

I know you are upset, take a deep breath and this time put me on ignore for real.

Stan K9IUQ

NK7Z yanks pole hard and begins to reel in the line...  <snicker>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:19:50 AM by NK7Z » Logged

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
KD5RGJ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 06:44:16 AM »

THERE ARE WEB SITES WHERE YOU CAN MAKE QSLs WITH ANY CALL SIGN AND NAME.
SPENCER-KD5RGJ
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »

SPENCER-KD5RGJ

Don't even need a web site.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »

SPENCER-KD5RGJ

Don't even need a web site.

Sure don't. I can do it right on my computer. I can also search the web and get a picture of you and or your shack or anything else that is online of you or your call including QRZ.com. Most loggers have QSL Card Makers built into them, print them on your own printer and then stick them in a bogus ad.

Of course the scammers are not that smart - Right?  Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Why go to all that trouble though? Just stick a call on a sheet of paper and use a Magic Marker. That is FB with QRZ.com ads.

Stan K9IUQ
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »

Stan:

I'll go you one better than your call written on a piece of plain white paper:

The call sign must be written on the front page of the seller's local newspaper.

The masthead, headline and date must be readable.

The ad and photo must be posted no more than two days after the issue date of the newspaper.

73!

N9LCD

Roll Eyes
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: