The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: China is making own OS  (Read 31716 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »

Does anybody really have a clue what is NSA proof right now?  No!
As I said before if I was in charge of country like China I would preffer that we made our own software and our own Apps.
It would make a lot of sense to me.  I am pretty sure countries like Germany and France are now thinking along those same lines.   IMO I think the NSA/Homeland security etc have gone too far and now they are seeing the backlash.

That is not as good as you think. If you want to work in a global economy you want to have some commons software formats. China's moves are more out of spite than need.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again... if tyrant-ridden countries basically isolate themselves from The Connected Internet, fine, no problem.  we'll just cut their cord and screw 'em.  no need to help the tyrants.  if the population decides to play Angry Birds with the seat of power, kewl.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »

These stories really serve to bring out the inner insurgent in some individuals. The upside is they post with traceable IPs and a registered callsign..
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »

Does anybody really have a clue what is NSA proof right now?  No!
As I said before if I was in charge of country like China I would preffer that we made our own software and our own Apps.
It would make a lot of sense to me.  I am pretty sure countries like Germany and France are now thinking along those same lines.   IMO I think the NSA/Homeland security etc have gone too far and now they are seeing the backlash.

As far as your last sentence, I agree!  As to the 'NSA proof' statement, I doubt if anything is--even encrypted info.  The supercomputers that the government has can break ciphers that to us are unbreakable. 

Because of that, I don't blame China--or the other countries--for wanting systems and coding that are unknown to the US government.  The only problem is that the new systems won't stay that way for long with the spying and those same supercomputers working for the US government.
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:38 AM »

The annoying thing about the NSA and in my case, GCHQ, is that if your computer falls over, they will not let you have the backup to restore it Grin Grin

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making me profane since March 2017
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 01:49:39 AM »

These stories really serve to bring out the inner insurgent in some individuals. The upside is they post with traceable IPs and a registered callsign..

They don't need your call sign or even your IP! Everything you type is intercepted at your ISP and they have that cataloged by your account info and credit card info.
Any statements made thus far probably add into thousands of other such statements made by millions of internet users. IOW it's just QRN as far as they are concerned.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 05:40:25 AM »

They don't need your call sign or even your IP! Everything you type is intercepted at your ISP and they have that cataloged by your account info and credit card info.
Any statements made thus far probably add into thousands of other such statements made by millions of internet users. IOW it's just QRN as far as they are concerned.

Your IP can tell far more than you think. Facebook is one of the biggest snoopers right under your nose yet many help them. Their main source of revenue is selling your surfing/web habits to others for marketing. The have several patents on how to snoop. One day they will loose favor and something will take its place too.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 02:05:28 AM »

Lots of paid usenet services are available for very little money.
Try Blocknews if you just want to pay for a few Gb that never expire.
For regular services you have astraweb and newzhosting along with about a dozen other big ones that I can't remember right now.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: